Seat upgrade - what are the easy options?

Rob_P

Hi all,
just acquired a T6 and already thinking about putting in two single seats.
im wondering which seats will go in most easily?
im planning on using a swivel base for the passenger seat.
I have seen amother thread stating the mini seats were quite straightforward - just 2 new holes required in the base from memory.
I was wondering about VW seats - Passat, scirocco etc. anyone know how well sized the runners are against the transporter seat bases?
I have seen some YouTube threads where for example Audi seats are installed and they needed to add plates etc to widen the base out - looks a bit of a faff for me.
lots of seats out there on eBay to choose from - hence wondering which are the easiest to retro fit?
thanks in advance

I have Merc seats in mine, had the same in my T5, personally I wouldn't add new holes to the bases as they are not the thickest steel or the widest. Instead I used FASP swivel plates and just drilled the extra holes in the top plate.

Overall only took an hour or so to fit both seats.

I have Merc seats in mine, had the same in my T5, personally I wouldn't add new holes to the bases as they are not the thickest steel or the widest. Instead I used FASP swivel plates and just drilled the extra holes in the top plate.

Overall only took an hour or so to fit both seats.
Did you have to swap the seatbelt parts over from the vw seats or does the standard vw seatbelt click in? oh and any pics please

Back