Seat supply/fitting essex

Judec77

Hi looking for a localish company in or near Essex who are able to replace a front heated captains seat with a double bench seat for 2018 T6. Thanks

Hi looking for a localish company in or near Essex who are able to replace a front heated captains seat with a double bench seat for 2018 T6. Thanks
Hi @Judec77 I would source yourself a double seat and just pay someone to do the work for you. Make sure you keep the single captain seat yourself and don't leave it with the fitter.
Double seats second hand / nearly new are about £150/£250. Single captain seats are very rare and demand about £800 / £1000.
So may be better to pay someone to do the work rather than getting them to swap them over as they will sell on your single seat and pocket the profit. :thumbsup:

If the van came from the factory with a single seat it will have an airbag to suit so if you are going to a double seat it's advisable to fit an airbag to suit this.

Hi @Judec77 I would source yourself a double seat and just pay someone to do the work for you. Make sure you keep the single captain seat yourself and don't leave it with the fitter.
Double seats second hand / nearly new are about £150/£250. Single captain seats are very rare and demand about £800 / £1000.
So may be better to pay someone to do the work rather than getting them to swap them over as they will sell on your single seat and pocket the profit. :thumbsup:
Thanks so much for your response. Yes we are planning on keeping the single for the future just while the children are younger the double will be useful. I just need to find a fitter locally and just don’t know where to start.. any help greatly appreciated thanks

If you can find a double seat (plenty for sale on ebay etc) it really is a very easy job to do yourself. Just consider the airbag situation, if you're using the seat with car seats and will be turning the airbag off then maybe not an issue but this will be down to your own judgement.

Thanks so much for your help. Kids slightly older so only booster seat but for occasional use. When you say it’s easy is it easy to transfer over the heated seat cables etc? Sorry for my ignorance just if we can do it cheaper then would much prefer this!

If you can find a heated double I don't see any reason why the cables would be any different. I think you will significantly narrow down your choice of seats if you require heating though.

Save some cash if you don't need a warm arse?

The single and double heated seats will have the same plugs. We can supply and fit all correctly for you although a little way away in Bognor. Or fit if you supply. Everything we fit is to fill factory standard.

There you go - good find that.

That will save a lot of hassle. Although that’s pricey for a double but they are open to offers. The heated elements aren’t cheap so this would be your cheapest route for sure.

Back