Double-Seat Hinge - feedback?

lough90

Maintenance Supervisor - oil & gas
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Has anyone seen , used or purchased modified passenger seat hinges , I have seen ads in the magazines and have looked at them on the net but was interested if anyone had any feedback or recommendation. Are they any good?

upload_2016-10-3_13-59-45.png

There's a company in Sheffield that do them depends on whether your seat folds or not. If it folds its around £50 if it doesn't it's around £130 and it's a 30 minute job

Hi, I know there are a lot of complaints regarding the upright seating position of these seats, so has anybody been able to find a reclining option that can be retro fitted for this seat please?

Thank you, the first one looks goo especially as they could upgrade my current mechanism.

You're welcome, probably worth double checking with them that the T6 seat and bracket is the same.

The outdoortechnical ones do fit a T6 but they can't modify a fixed bracket (from a van that had a bulkhead). New bracket needed at £185 which allows the bench to fold forward and is set 10 degrees back when upright. Two fixed positions, no adjustment. If you seat already fold forward they can modify that for 55.

IMG_7238.PNG Hi

Just been looking for same myself and came across this on eBay, good price as well don't know what it would be like and gives extra recline as well

Item no 182692415143

Yes, looks good, but I already have a folding seat, I just need to get it reclined a bit, i wonder if current bracket could be modified?

Does anyone know if its an easy job to get the bracket out of the centre of the backrest to send it away for modification. Jist looking at it in position, it looks like 1mm of metal filed of the leading edge off the latch would allow the seat to recline further back.

Thanks. Is it just a spanner job, slid in between the seats. Anything else involved?

Has anyone seen , used or purchased modified passenger seat hinges , I have seen ads in the magazines and have looked at them on the net but was interested if anyone had any feedback or recommendation. Are they any good?

View attachment 1934

Is this to get the rear seat to fold flat ad in an r and r bed style? Ode be interested to see some pictures of the modifies ones. As I'm sure I could do it myself but rather look at one done to see what's involved before pulling appart

its for the front seat.

having the front seat foldable already they offered me £50 trade in on my existing bracket. I was initially under the impression it was to allow the seat to recline.
In reality it is simply the upright position is 10 degrees further back.

For me its no use really, but if you don't have a folding seat the £130 might be worth it.

its for the front seat.

having the front seat foldable already they offered me £50 trade in on my existing bracket. I was initially under the impression it was to allow the seat to recline.
In reality it is simply the upright position is 10 degrees further back.

For me its no use really, but if you don't have a folding seat the £130 might be worth it.

Forgive me for the dumbness of this but by foldabke i assume you dont mean by the dial that move the position of thr seat?

Back