Seat covers - arrrghhh!!

i'll have to go down to the dealership and ask again, as i was told that VW hadn't released a airbag compatible seat cover yet, when i placed my order.
At the moment you only seem to be able to get non waterproof covers for about £300. Or Brandrup do ones that match the current seats exactly for about £500. Both should have breakaway seams in them.
But neither is water (or in fact anything) proof.

I just wish they bring out the VW waterproof covers like we had on our T5.1 Cali!!

Say what!!!! 300 to 500 pound for seat covers, they are dreaming.

No wonder VW don't have any here in Aussie, it would be double that price..

I'd have to look at getting the seats and RIB (Austin and Titanium to match the front seats) covered in scotch guard when i take it in for Tint and Opticoat paint protection.

I'd have to look at getting the seats and RIB (Austin and Titanium to match the front seats) covered in scotch guard when i take it in for Tint and Opticoat paint protection.
Have a look at Escape Gear in SA

After a total disaster with a seat cover company, I'm only going to get easy fit waterproof covers; until then I'm going up pay for an annual seat deep clean.

Got a guy doing it on the 20th.

If you get stuck i can get you part numbers and prices for the VW waterproof airbag compatible ones, they look like the standard grey or black VW ones but with different seams price is similar too

If you get stuck i can get you part numbers and prices for the VW waterproof airbag compatible ones, they look like the standard grey or black VW ones but with different seams price is similar too
Sounds good; any links to a source?
Some guy on EBay claimed to be selling them but was a complete muppet when I asked him a simple question.

Hi Pauly,

That would be great if you do have part numbers and prices.

Cheers,

Bryn

Standard VW waterproof seat covers for airbags in grey or black for 2+1 front seats are £99
Sportline 2+1 fronts as above are £15 more
Don't have 1+1 prices or part numbers to hand but can't get them later
If you are interested postage to Aus wont be cheap circa £20 at a guess

@Polzeylad not sure about fitment on Cali seats as will be for normal headrests ?

Standard VW waterproof seat covers for airbags in grey or black for 2+1 front seats are £99
Sportline 2+1 fronts as above are £15 more
Don't have 1+1 prices or part numbers to hand but can't get them later
If you are interested postage to Aus wont be cheap circa £20 at a guess

@Polzeylad not sure about fitment on Cali seats as will be for normal headrests ?
That's the issue - the Cali has those bigger headrests and as shown with my Seatskinz disaster, T5.1 covers don't fit!

I'll keep on waiting...!

Back