Seat Buckle Casing Broken

mylofitz

At some point in the clumsy removal of the 2+1 rear seats I've somehow broken the casing of the seat belt buckle of the single seat. Two pieces of plasic sandwich together. I've one half but lost the other. Would these parts the orderable from VW? Given how tight the 2+1 sests are to each other I'd be surprised if I'm the first it has happened to.

At some point in the clumsy removal of the 2+1 rear seats I've somehow broken the casing of the seat belt buckle of the single seat. Two pieces of plasic sandwich together. I've one half but lost the other. Would these parts the orderable from VW? Given how tight the 2+1 sests are to each other I'd be surprised if I'm the first it has happened to.
You can only get the complete buckle. Part 16 No 7E0 857 877 C

EBE9A657-775B-4A78-A351-988F1BF2368A.jpeg

Just been having a look at the parts diagrams and the single seat buckle is £40 + vat but the double seat buckle is only £25, wonder if they are interchangeable ?
I would think a lot of seatbelts are the same/similar, may be worth a trip to a scrappy and look at a few VAG vehicles

Hi @Pauly any idea on the part number for the seatbelt buckle on the front double passenger seat please ? It seems to be all in one with the belt itself thanks

I've sourced a spare belt buckle for the drivers seat, as I have the same problem, so here's the codes off it
[edit: apologies, this is drivers seat, not rear seat - can a mod move this post or merge with another if available?]
PXL_20201016_083418073.jpg

I understand from other VW forums that the cases are plastic welded so you would break it to open it. Can the part be swapped without removing the seat?

In absence of a reply I went ahead and cut the casing apart. I wouldn't recommend it if you can manage to deal with the seats, but if you do resort to it, slide a Stanley knife down the side of the larger part and the case comes apart.

PXL_20201016_170301413.jpg

I broke a pin so am replacing it with an equivalent bit of Danish plastic then I'll glue it back together in situ. It fits back together with the pins quite robustly, so should be fine. If you broke both pins it would probably not be strong enough glued together as they provide the strength.

I wouldn't mark this thread as solved, but it's useful to see the option to split a VW seat buckle apart, if forced to.

Back