Seat Belt Warning Missing

SofaKing

T6 Guru
VW say front passenger seat belt warning is not to be delivered on my caravelle, only on driver seat. I dont believe them.

The PR code does not say which seats that has warning (seat belt check).
5E6F3857-F3A0-4564-A280-AF5C6F2607D4.png

VW say front passenger seat belt warning is not to be delivered on my caravelle, only on driver seat. I dont believe them.

The PR code does not say which seats that has warning (seat belt check).
View attachment 21945
I only have a lowly Kombi, and there is only one lead going to my passenger seat and that is airbag (yellow plug). Driver seat has two plugs, one for airbag and one for seatbelt warning.
So this tells me that mine definately doesn’t have seatbelt warning on passenger.
Be worth taking a look under your seat and see how many leads/ plugs go to the chair.

I only have a lowly Kombi, and there is only one lead going to my passenger seat and that is airbag (yellow plug). Driver seat has two plugs, one for airbag and one for seatbelt warning.
I don't think mine has air bags? Kombi Highline.

Im surprised that this standard equipment on every low budget Korean is not mandatory on a VW.. that and several quality issues on my T6 kill the joy!

The same code "9P1". No seat belt warning even with three plugs into passenger seat. Single passenger seat with (1) heater, (2) electric lumbar support and (3) air bag. :speechless:

In a Danish listing of model details, dated April 2016, for various editions of the Multivan, which seems to somewhat match the Caravelle in UK, under the Highline 9p1 is listed as seat belt warning for the driver seat which in part does match a listing in VAG codes which states "Seat belt reminder, electric contact in buckle" althoug the latter does not mention driver, passenger or both seats.

Have an order being built atm so when got aware of this I asked the salesman to verify what to expect.
After checking he replied that it was for both driver and passenger seats.
Not sure whether it could have something to with us having selected the 12 way electrical seats.

Lets see when it turns up (which hopefully is soon :) ).
Must say I wont be pleased if the salesman is wrong.
Although not a deal-breaker it is odd if not to having stuff like that as a general standard.

Back