Screwed roof-spoiler removal

JezRichardS

Hi I bought a T6 second hand and need to remove the rear spoiler - it’s not bonded but screwed in with two screws into a plug - one has come lose but the other I am keen to take off without damaging - any advice to protect the metal work and spoiler? Thanks

Got a few pics?

The OEM fitting is bonded with a bolt/bolts. Depending on barn door or tailgate.

Thanks - Wife with van currently! There is no bonding as one screw came lose. I have reattached it - there is a small hole in the metal where I assume a plastic plug was inserted (worked lose) to hold the screw. I can’t work out how to get to the other screw without just forcing it? Will try to get a picture later …

Sorry should have said - tailgate …

Thanks - I’ve reviewed those threads but my issue is about different the tailgate spoiler is screwed into the top of the tailgate from the inside of the spoiler - one screw fixing is lose the other is fixed (presume the plastic plug that the screw was fixed into has dropped) - I just need to know best way to get to the other screw or is only option is to ‘rip it out’ (risk of more damage to van) or cut into spoiler ( seems a waste)… thanks!

Is the spoiler flapping around as what Lee was implying was that the spoilers are often screwed and glued with the screws only supporting the spoiler until the glue has cured.
If the spoiler is solid with the screw loose then it's unlikely to fly off but the only way to be 100% is to detach it and probably start again with a new spoiler, FWIW my tailgate spoiler is just stuck on with tiger seal, no screws

It’s not flapping around but yes keen to take it off and start again - I’m trying to find out how to take it off - how do I safely get access to the other screw without just ripping it out (damaging the van) or cutting through the spoiler - the screws are hidden within the spoiler itself from what I can see? There is no bonding agent - just the screws

Back