Screen Wash: will it eat in to my wax / paint?

Base1388

Romany - Plumber
VIP Member
T6 Guru
So I've been putting a lot of time into polish thanks to here for all advice

But one thing i'm interested to learn is
is there a nice screen wash ?
I've been using
Gtechniq 0.015 G1 Clear Vision Smart Glass

on my screen and windows amazing stuff and in last month not used the wipers at all and defiantly no screen wash, but im thinking the way this screen wash stuff smells is it going strip my wax off the paint ? strip my Gtechniq off my screen if and when i have to use it ?

Thanks

Good question, I've been looking at the rainx stuff as I've been using up a screen wash anti rain thing I got with my Astra cleaning kit that's been pretty good at keeping the water moving off the screen so of there is any more advice or info of also be grateful.

G1 is a glass treatment, not a screenwash additive. For screenwash, I used the OEM VAG stuff, cleans well.

I've never used G1, but have had poor results with RainX in the past. RainX is great when it first goes on, but has not been durable at all. As it wears, the screen is left with horrendous smears that make vision very difficult and borderline dangerous. I would never use RainX again.

I have used Flyby Forte Extreme. Water beads by itself and runs off the windows, wipers are used a lot less, and bird droppings are easily removed. £60 a kit, but was enough to do a Vivaro and a Cayenne. On reflection though, I don't see it as value for money, and wouldn't bother again. Just keep the screenwash topped up and the wipers renewed as soon as any smears start.

I use Rain-x, but only on the side and rear windows, it’s not up to being on the windscreen with wipers. For screenwash I use Wilko’s own brand, works great.

Back