@Davenjo .... great input thanks. I haven't camped but I can see your point, particularly about condensation. I can also see having nothing cluttering the interior has it's benefits for you.

Given what you've said, I think I might try and see one folded up to get an idea of the 'bulk'. I also don't fancy having to launder something of that size.

I'm guessing the way camp sites are (camaraderie??) , as a camping accessory, it's unlikely to be taken. Whereas, mine could be stood unattended all day and night outside a hotel or in a not particularly busy off-piste mountain car park.

I'll have to have something effective for those sunny days as a sun / heat shade though, so I'll think on the pro's and con's you've pointed out thanks

Can't imagine sucker marks on screen all time.. :mad:

Haha, love it ... I have to admit, I did notice the Reimo set I first found are fixed to each of the 3 front windows with at least 4 suckers per blind. I now feel OK admitting, the first thing I thought when I noticed that was :

"Hmmm .....those greasy sucker marks on the glass will do my head in. If I get these blinds, I'll have to take a can of Autoglym Fastglass with me to clean them off every time" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hey insert coin where are you parked up in photo looks like a nice stop ?

Anyone got pictures of an Indium Grey van with a Rainbow cover on, I’m undecided what colour to go with .

Hi,

Looking for some help and advice.
Need to get an Insulated screen for the T6, primarily to stop condensation. After reading lots of posts seem to have narrowed it down to the following:

SILVER SCREENS
MINSTER
RAINBOW

Minster seem cheapest and they all seem to get excellent reviews.
Do any of you have any first hand experience of any and info around reduction of condensation, quality and fit?

Many thanks

We have found our Rainbow Screens to be excellent. A good fit and no condensation on the glass even when below zero outside. We get get some condensation on exposed metalwork where it was not practical to carpet.

We do however drop the front windows slightly to get some airflow and have Heko deflectors fitted to stop the rain coming in.

We have found our Rainbow Screens to be excellent. A good fit and no condensation on the glass even when below zero outside. We get get some condensation on exposed metalwork where it was not practical to carpet.

We do however drop the front windows slightly to get some airflow and have Heko deflectors fitted to stop the rain coming in.

Thank you for the response

Can’t fault my Minster screens - but get the long one!
If you type silver screens in the search box there is a 3 page thread which is good reading.

Nigel

Do you get any condensation with the minster screens when very cold?
Also the longer version how is it in the wind and does it sit behind bonnet or on top of it?

I've bought a minster one too. Sadly haven't had it on the van yet so can't comment on how good it is, seems to be well made though.

When I spoke to them to order one (last sept time) they said there is only one length now ie. no long option anymore?

Like you I read various reviews and recommendations before I committed to purchasing the screens.
On balance I went for Minster and they have proven to be a very good product.
Firstly they are a small company who are really easy to deal with. I ordered mine over the phone and they arrived in 2 days. The company are really helpful and knowledgable when you call them, they certainly know the T6 vehicles very well.
I have found the product to be well made and easy to fit, although if there are two of you it makes it a whole lot easier.
In terms of their efficiency they perform very well.
We went away in the van for new year. The external temperature was around 9° and in the morning there was no condensation in the front windscreen or front windows. Most of the condensation was on the rear window and side. We tend to open one of the side panels on the canvas pop top for fresh air, and to attempt to prevent total condensation.

I would definitely recommend the Minster screens

5693D05D-3A23-461F-B3CC-147F292B2929.jpeg

I ordered a rainbow thermal screen last week. Due in a couple of week. Thermal recommended to me by others and most of the events I've been to were predominantly Rainbow, but also have the fold down option that allows a little light in during the day if needed. Which is cool, despite probably not needing it often.
Went plain black so as not to attract attention if I'm wild parked.

Hi,

Ordered the Minster polar thermal screen in black with velcro pop down front screen. Arrived today next day delivery £125 all in.
Quality looks excellent, will be using it in a couple of weeks.

Hi,

Ordered the Minster polar thermal screen in black with velcro pop down front screen. Arrived today next day delivery £125 all in.
Quality looks excellent, will be using it in a couple of weeks.

They do them in black now?

Back