Rainbow Screens - very well made, fit well and don’t flap around in the wind - great in winter but also used ours this weekend in near 30 degree temps and helped keep the van nice and cool.

Vanshades, thermal blackout. As per @Davenjo had mine on whilst at swarkestone Sailing Club on Saturday. Bloomin glad I took it with me, interior of the van would have melted otherwise. They work brilliantly.

Spook

Can you remember the length of the decals you ordered
Also was it for a SWB van

Tar
Andy

I notice people all have these exterior sun shades for the van when parked up. Is that because there is an issue with something internal like this (if you're not a camper but just want the sun kept out) :

REIMO VW T5 T6 CAMPERVAN THERMAL WINDSCREEN SUN MATS 3 PIECE SET - 2003 ONWARD 4043729143906 | eBay
If you are not a camper then internal screens will be fine. External thermal screens are much better at keeping the temperature and condensation down - a good example of this was walking around Camperjam yesterday morning at around 6am - vans with internal screens all had heavy condensation whereas ours was perfectly clear.

I prefer the external screens as it allows you to drop the front windows slightly without it being seen from outside and if you have wind deflectors its perfect.
We have also just returned from Camperjam and having the windows slightly open at night was a real godsend in this heat.

Thanks guys .... very interesting consensus of opinion on that one.

This was a clincher for me :
External thermal screens are much better at keeping the temperature and condensation down

Hopefully, an external won't get stolen, Sea Gull'd on and folds down small for stowing ........ ??

Thanks guys .... very interesting consensus of opinion on that one.

This was a clincher for me :

Hopefully, an external won't get stolen, Sea Gull'd on and folds down small for stowing ........ ??
Decent thermals, eg. Rainbow Screens, are quite bulky when rolled up but, for us, it’s a small price worth paying.

Never really thought about them being stolen - they hook over the door tops which would make it more difficult but if someone wants them they’d get them quite easily and/or damage them in the attempt. Personalise them with a unique design which will make them recogniseable and less desirable to others.

Birds are guaranteed to target them but so far ours have had no lasting damage as a result. :)

Back