Scratches on roof

osman

Steve O
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hmmm well I’ve looked up here before and I’ve never seen these .. just had a full service so wanted to give the van a good clean up .. and noticed these. They look fresh and there is no way I was driving it when this happened ! Breeze in Totton came highly recommended and they are a VW garage so I’m totally shocked 468FF3DA-F9CA-4E54-98F5-9A28F73BE050.jpeg

My wife's previous Mini had exactly the same scratches after she drove into our garage as the electric door was coming down by accident.
Does your dealer have electric doors into their workshop?

My wife's previous Mini had exactly the same scratches after she drove into our garage as the electric door was coming down by accident.
Does your dealer have electric doors into their workshop?
I have no idea ... but will find out tomorrow when I take it back to ask what the hell went on ... it’s a VW garage that basically know VW t6 models so well I cannot see how on earth this could possibly have happened. there is no way it happened when I drove it .. so unless it’s been like this for a year without me noticing it ! It has to have happened during its service

I have no idea ... but will find out tomorrow when I take it back to ask what the hell went on ... it’s a VW garage that basically know VW t6 models so well I cannot see how on earth this could possibly have happened. there is no way it happened when I drove it .. so unless it’s been like this for a year without me noticing it ! It has to have happened during its service

My guess is they won't have any idea and insist that something like this wouldn't ever happen in their establishment.
No consolation, but I jacked my T6 up against my garage motor bracket which dented my roof, and I didn't notice it for ages.

My guess is they won't have any idea and insist that something like this wouldn't ever happen in their establishment.
No consolation, but I jacked my T6 up against my garage motor bracket which dented my roof, and I didn't notice it for ages.
For sure they won’t know anything about it , I’ve thought of every scenario where I may have done it myself and not noticed and there is not one moment that I could have done it ... so it’s either been like this ever since I bought it and I’ve not noticed ... the scratches look too clean and new to me to be honest and I’m damn sure I would have noticed this before now .BUT it is possible I guess as you can’t really see them from other angles . or it was done at the garage ..I guess my post should now be .. what’s the best thing do from here. I need them repaired somehow

This is where the front and rear cameras help that activate when stationary or an 'event' occurs. VW Chelmsford damaged the back of mine and typically adopted the 'wasn't me approach' until I mentioned I had it on camera and immediately changed tack.

Looks like a swinging height restriction barrier has dragged along the roof.

1B8854EE-F772-4170-8CF3-06233CEE6E32.jpeg

This is where the front and rear cameras help that activate when stationary or an 'event' occurs. VW Chelmsford damaged the back of mine and typically adopted the 'wasn't me approach' until I mentioned I had it on camera and immediately changed tack.
Crazy thing is I have front and rear cameras but didn’t notice the scratches until 3 days and my system only stores 48 hours before writing over

Crazy thing is I have front and rear cameras but didn’t notice the scratches until 3 days and my system only stores 48 hours before writing over
Still worth mentioning you have cameras when you complain...

Just been to the garage cannot see any way they could have done it .. they were very helpful and had a look at the vehicle etc and to be honest I believe them .. the only answer is the scratches have always been there since I bought the van . . I’ve used a very small amount of blue coloured t cut for now and it’s taken the edge off .. will consider getting part of the roof re finished the scratches just about reach the undercoat I think

Back