Scratched display screen

Lee

T6 Pro
So like a numpty, I was hoovering the dashboard and ran the metal edge of the hover over the radio display screen. Thought I could live with it but the thing is annoying me, just a vanity thing.

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement and if it's a straightforward replacement.

Alternatively, are there any fancy upgrades that I might consider, would be nice to have a DVD player built in there for the mrs, might be asking for too much though :)

Ooooh, bugger. There are a few aftermarket options out there which have multimedia enabling the watching of DVD's. Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer. There are a lot of threads on here relating to them, but I seem to recall a number of people indicating that the Alpine is the better unit, but I could be wrong. One of the best people to speak to is Jason at Absolute Audio (aka @Absolut5)

Delayed followed up but I'm wondering if just the screen on my display can be changed rather than replacing the whole thing, would love to seal out the whole thing to an alpine but just don't have the money yet.

Maybe could use some mobile phone screen protector film over it? Sometimes it can disguise existing scratches as well as protecting.

old post but does anyone know if the face can be replaced, i've been living with it but really want replace the face of the display.

There is a product called Polywatch which you could try. It is used to polish out scratches in plastic/acrylic watch “crystals”.
I have used it for this purpose, but I don’t see why it shouldn’t work for you.

Obviously it’s at your own risk.

Pete

Having suggested Polywatch, just one word of caution. I am sure it will remove a not too deep scratch, but it will result in a gloss finish. Our van is down at the yard at the moment, so i can’t check, but i think the display screen is slightly matt, to avoid reflections. If this is the case, then you might end up having to use Polywatch on the entire screen to get a uniform finish.

Pete

If you find a scrap unit or maybe a worthless unit that somebody no longer needs, the screen just unscrews and clips onto the new one. Takes about 10 mins to do.

Back