Scratch... what did you do to remedy yours?

Hinsley

T6 Pro
Annoyingly, some d*ck has scratched my arch when they were trying to park. Initially, it looked really bad but when cleaned it appears the white markings were his paint that has shaved onto my black arch.

The scratches seem minimal and confined to just an inch along the arch for maybe 6 inches (they are spread out in this area), some you can see but can feel with a nail others are a tiny bit deeper (you can just feel and see the lighter paint/coat underneath). There is no chip damage or denting.

I'd already bought some Meguires Ultimate Compound to try to remove some other minor marks and thought I'd try that but it isn't touching anything. I've tried on some really minor marks that you have to really look for and it doesn't shift them. I've double checked I'm using it correctly (by hand) and have tried three passes on it but still no joy.

Is it at the really mild cutting end of the spectrum? I suspect it is, and if so what can I move up to?

He has offered to pay (if required) but everyone who has seen it (me included) has said "that'll polish out"

Appreciate some advice on what I could try (by hand), even if I don't resolve this I can use it on the other parts of the van that need a tidy up.

Annoyingly, some d*ck has scratched my arch when they were trying to park. Initially, it looked really bad but when cleaned it appears the white markings were his paint that has shaved onto my black arch.

The scratches seem minimal and confined to just an inch along the arch for maybe 6 inches (they are spread out in this area), some you can see but can feel with a nail others are a tiny bit deeper (you can just feel and see the lighter paint/coat underneath). There is no chip damage or denting.

I'd already bought some Meguires Ultimate Compound to try to remove some other minor marks and thought I'd try that but it isn't touching anything. I've tried on some really minor marks that you have to really look for and it doesn't shift them. I've double checked I'm using it correctly (by hand) and have tried three passes on it but still no joy.

Is it at the really mild cutting end of the spectrum? I suspect it is, and if so what can I move up to?

He has offered to pay (if required) but everyone who has seen it (me included) has said "that'll polish out"

Appreciate some advice on what I could try (by hand), even if I don't resolve this I can use it on the other parts of the van that need a tidy up.

Do you have a picture?

Slightly longer than I wrote!

Worst bit is the lower part which I can just feel the scratches then as you move up and over they are finer but still look bad.

Pants. Oh well, a trip to an accident centre repair type place then. At least he came straight to me and said he'd scratched it.

Out of interest, can you recommend a product that's a bit stronger than the Meguiars Ultimate Compound that I could try on the other marks.

Is that a harsher cutting compound than the Meguiars?

I don't mind getting another product (well I'm trying to return the other as it wouldn't move fine marks) but want something that will remove/reduce enough so I can polish over and not have them on my mind.

Is that a harsher cutting compound than the Meguiars?

I don't mind getting another product (well I'm trying to return the other as it wouldn't move fine marks) but want something that will remove/reduce enough so I can polish over and not have them on my mind.

Removing scratches is not as easy as some of these products claim, and certainly not an easy task on your dark colour (cannot work out of it's Black or dark Blue) Often what you see is 'Marring' on the paintwork, where people have used an abrasive to remove scratches. This is far more obvious in the sunlight.

Do you know any good detailers? They will bring out the best in your paintwork, or wait until you have the scrape done, and get the bodyshop to machine polish out the other marks as part of the job.

Thanks @Tourershine

It's a black van which as you know shows everything. I've bought into the snow foam gang and have started getting good results on the van after a few trial attempts but when its 100% clean I can see very minor things that I think I could "buff" out. Things like very faint marks where a bush has rubbed against the side (not even a scratch) or what must be finger nail marks in the depressions by the handles.

The type of marks that you really have to look for, not like this incident which will need a pro to fix. I don't mind doing the minor work myself (would quite enjoy it!) just want to use the right products in the right way.

Years ago I TCut my old mans old Nova and that came up a treat paintwork & scratch removal.

Ordered some G3 to try that. I’ll update later...

If it ever stops raining/hailing/snowing...

Why are you messing about with this? If the 3rd party has admitted fault and offered to pay get a professional to sort it out.

Why are you messing about with this? If the 3rd party has admitted fault and offered to pay get a professional to sort it out.

I'm not, that's the route I'm taking.

The thread did wander a bit as I have other very minor marks that I thought I could get out with the Meguiars stuff but it didn't touch anything! I've been recommend the G3 (on here a by a mate who likes his detailing) so hopefully that will shift these as its slightly harsher. Now I've got used to the snow foam wash process (thanks to all on here for tips, videos and product recommendations) the black van is showing off these marks and now I've seen them they are bugging me and my OCD. I'm not after a showroom type finish but would like to reduce/remove the other marks then wax/seal.

The arch scratches, although fairly minor will be passed onto a body shop type place where they can fix it either by mop or re-spray.

Hi all,

Seems I’ve been victim of a small scratch across the sliding door. Gutted as the paintwork is immaculate (until now). Wondering if anyone has experience of repairs, via VW or others and potential costs?

Also considering some decals to hide it, any recommendations?
Thanks
Matt

7FDCF51B-E4E0-4F2B-9B92-78679CAE4A43.jpeg

Hi all,

Seems I’ve been victim of a small scratch across the sliding door. Gutted as the paintwork is immaculate (until now). Wondering if anyone has experience of repairs, via VW or others and potential costs?

Also considering some decals to hide it, any recommendations?
Thanks
Matt

View attachment 86292
Hi .. I’ve used VW not cheap and not the best ...but sometime the little spray shop round the corner will do a good job ..good luck

Afternoon All,

Someone, somewhere and somehow has managed to scratch my T6 sliding door. I have no idea how or who. It's white. I've TCUT and polished but it's still visible. I cannot afford to get the door sprayed etc - so how delicate can one be with a touch up pen? My guess is - not very and it will be visible.

Wondering how people have coped with their scratches. Van is cherry red.

Thanks all,

Gareth

Similar scenario - scuff across my rear arch appeared in the last few weeks.
Chipex has been recommended across the forum on various occasions. Watched a couple YouTube review videos and the kit looked pretty good.
Haven't used it yet - arrived same time as the rain.

Cheap enough with good shelf last for if any other mishaps might happen.

Do a search and have a look. :)

Back