Scotland T6 Meet

I hope everyone is well.
I have started the process of converting my vw t6 lwb.
I am getting the roof and windows fitted at the end of May and I will then start the insulation (going to Norway next winter so doubling the insulation wherever possible).
I am undecided on a standard width kitchen with 3/4 RnR beds or a narrow kitchen with full size RnR beds.
I am also undecided wrt layout of the units. I have attached a proposed layout that I Cad'ed up so any critical comments welcome.
Is there anyone in the Glasgow/Clyde coast area that I could meet up with to have a chat about the kitchen/van layout/ look at theirs and also have a chat about a few other items that would be best to discuss face to face with the van in situ?
All my thanks in advance
Cris

Narrow kitchen proposal...

Attachments

• Cris Canata_vw t6 lwb_kitchen unit proposal_1 to 20 at A4_rev02b.pdf
    41.7 KB · Views: 15
Alternatively, if a near to Glasgow meetup can be arranged then that would be a great alternative.
Please let me know if anyone has a place or dates for the Glasgow round?
Thanks
Cris

I hope everyone is well.
I am getting the roof and windows fitted at the end of May and I will then start the insulation (going to Norway next winter so doubling the insulation wherever possible).
I am undecided on a standard width kitchen with 3/4 RnR beds or a narrow kitchen with full size RnR beds.
I am also undecided wrt layout of the units. I have attached a proposed layout that I Cad'ed up so any critical comments welcome.
Is there anyone in the Glasgow/Clyde coast area that I could meet up with to have a chat about the kitchen/van layout/ look at theirs and also have a chat about a few other items that would be best to discuss face to face with the van in situ?
All my thanks in advance
Cris

Is there still a desire to maybe try and organise a Scottish meet somewhere, I'd be up for it sometime in June, maybe after the 1st weekend so 7th/8th onwards. I'm pretty tied to work Mon to Fri. Maybe Glencoe/Ft William or Aviemore.

I'm still keen but work random days so will be pot luck whether I could make a weekend in June without booking a weekend a couple of months ahead.

I hope everyone is well.
All my thanks in advance
Cris
I would say a nice set off window thermals would be a must for Norway to keep the heat in . Your layout you have drawn up looks good . I only went for the lower cabnits on mine as a wanted to keep the 360 veiw with the windows and mines is a shuttle so had to go with the slim lower cabinets so I don't have alot of storage is I would have liked . You should consider that when looking at bed sizes as if you get a bigger bed then less storage . Also if you have slim cabinets then the smev swin hob and sink may take alot of your top surface up ,I ended up going for a singal hob and sink for this reason . I also use the space under the bed for storage aswell and have put vercro on the finishing boards so I can get under but am sure you could put them on a hinge so it could drop down like a door. My setup is really different from yours but I am from Glasgow and you welcome to have a look .Al post a wee pic to give yo an idea

IMG_20190325_101905.jpg

IMG_20190325_101926.jpg

Is there still a desire to maybe try and organise a Scottish meet somewhere, I'd be up for it sometime in June, maybe after the 1st weekend so 7th/8th onwards. I'm pretty tied to work Mon to Fri. Maybe Glencoe/Ft William or Aviemore.
Am still a go for a meet

Thinking of trying to sort out a meet up along at Burntisland at some point. Maybe late August. Car park is free and on the sea front. Beach, toddlers and kids play park, kids skate park, leisure pool on site. Campsite just a couple of miles up the road for folk who want to stay longer than a day. Good for dog walking along coast. Local shops, pub, chippy, take aways and public toilets just 5 minutes walk away.

Thanks for the reply email and apologies for the delay in replying.
Managed to meet up with a local vw t6 owner and given the discussions and sizing I have decided to go mid width using a 120cm RIB bed to maximise storage space at rear and sleeping comfort as well as 400mm (vs 480mm normal) deep units. Single hob with sink as per you.
I can post a new RIB kitchen layout and images once complete if anyone is interested
All my best
Cris

You could have an engines-off coasting race up (down?) the Electric Brae ;)

Ah. Hope all goes well for the op @kiter .

Cheers mate, ridiculous he is having to go private as he cant stand the pain any longer and NHS waiting lists are at least 12 months. Poor old bugger has worked all his life, paid his way and never had any benefits and this is what you get. Its the same surgeon and operating theatre that would be used if it was NHS but it can be done on a Saturday because he is willing to pay for the privilege. I get it that front line NHS are struggling but someone further up the tree is doing very nicely with their weekend 'homers'. Sorry rant over its a bit of a sore point.

I’m organising a wild camping and mountain biking event at the end of June for the supporters of my new venture. It’s in our own wooded meadow in Dumfries & Galloway with close access to the Seven Stanes mountain biking trail centres. I would be happy to hold something similar for fellow members of the T6 forum if there is interest. You can see the private wild camping space on my Instagram page here: Login • Instagram

Back