School run bruises

Jamie2.0

Joiner
VIP Member
T6 Guru
IMG_1951.JPG
So some kind soul managed to whack our drivers side slider this week.

As usual no note left!

Had a couple of quotes already but price and scope of work seem to vary vastly!

There's a dink just to the top of the image I didn't even notice until the body shop pointed it out! Grrrr

On the up side they didn't hit the new side bars that have only been on a couple of weeks!

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it's a little way down from the school so no CCTV. It was bound to happen sooner or later. It must have been a 4x4 type car or another van looking at the height.

One body shop (vw approved) have said it's a new door and respray most of that side, another have quoted about a fifth of the price to make good the door.

Woah, feeling for you there fella. That sucks. Not like whoever did it couldn't have known. I'd be inspecting every vehicle coming too and from the school gates over the next week or so to see what shiteater has a corresponding set of damage on their vehicle.

We have the van going in next week to have this repaired, insurance company have been really good, we have it going to an approved Volkswagen body shop.

That’s a nasty one.
I found myself squeezed into a horribly tight spot during my son’s cross country run last night; amazed no one gouged it.
I had a similar scrape on my T5.1 Cali; went direct to a body shop who did a cracking job for £470.

Back