Sca Vs Reimo Easyfit

I have seen the plastic springs that Reimo use on their deluxe bed available to buy on their own, in the form of Froli Star system springs. Froli Star Mobile Bed System -
Do you think these with a 15mm Morland Lightweight ply roof/bed base Puntinella plywood sheet and a Duvalay Mattress topper Freshtec Custom Topper would be OK as a bed? It should come in around £470 for the 3 separate parts. A bit of carpet or roof lining material covering the underside to fit in with your van interior and you're sorted. Half the price of the Reimo kit.

I have seen the plastic springs that Reimo use on their deluxe bed available to buy on their own, in the form of Froli Star system springs. Froli Star Mobile Bed System -
Do you think these with a 15mm Morland Lightweight ply roof/bed base Puntinella plywood sheet and a Duvalay Mattress topper Freshtec Custom Topper would be OK as a bed? It should come in around £470 for the 3 separate parts. A bit of carpet or roof lining material covering the underside to fit in with your van interior and you're sorted. Half the price of the Reimo kit.

Did you ever try this Grim Reaper??

No, not yet, I am currently using an air mattress. The Aurora is a lower profile than most so there's not a lot of room up there for anything other than the flattest mattress.

I have a Reimo SWB Easy Fit, while it is a well made roof I have had a few issues with it. Given that it costs as much as a reasonable second hand car it’s not great.
1. The screws on the rear hinge mechanism were too long and scraped the ABS frame, just minor cosmetic damage, took 1mm off screw length and OK
2. The roof rail screws were too long so there was insufficient compression on the rail seal, this allowed rain through and saturated the roof lining. Fitted shorter screws.
3. The roof alignment with the front wind deflector shifted sideways, I have re-aligned it by adjusting the rear hinge mechanism but after a 4000 mile trip I see that it has shifted back again.....to be investigated. It looks like the screws anchoring the roof hinge to the ABS frame are only M6 and are on a slot for adjustment.
4. The bed board creaks like hell, it wasn’t like it from new. It’s rubbing on the ABS roof insert at the front corners. I will be fitting some improved rubber cushioning.

Has anyone retrofitted these to a pre-spring poptop bed?
I think they look great idea I making the top bed more comfortable.

Back