Sca Vs Reimo Easyfit

T6traveller

T6 Pro
OK, so, I've found a few posts with comparisons but I thought I would ask for any updated opinions.

We were all set for a SCA roof for our LWB conversion which is hopefuly taking place at the end of September. Then our converter asked how we would feel about the Reimo easyfit roof. This is mainly because of the silly delays in ordering the SCA, the fact that he has wanted to fit one for a while and a few details that make it better suited to a LWB van.

If anyone can help me make the decision I would greatly appreciate it.

Can’t help with comparison as only have (good) experience of SCA. However, I think I would rather have the 10th SCA he has fitted than be his first Reimo

SCA seem to be dealing with some serious quality issues following their production move to Hungary and back.

SCA seem to be dealing with some serious quality issues following their production move to Hungary and back.
I’d heard about delays from Hungary but hadn’t picked up on quality issues as a result? If true, could go some way to explaining the issue you are having??

I looked at a lot of reimo and sca roofs before deciding on the sca.
I went with the sca as I believed it was the better product, also the sca has a welded solid strengthening frame and I was lead to believe the reimo was bolted together.
I too had to wait quite a long time for my roof to be delievered to the installer.
I have never been happy with one aspect of the roof which is around the front spoiler and the gap I have at the ends albeit it very neatly filled in with Silkaflex.
My installer told me “all the LWB roofs must be like it” however I have yet to see another one quite like mine!!. And I have looked at a LOT!
But equally I would not be surprised if it was a slight manufactureing defect!.
I did contact SCA but I got nowhere!

On the whole I am happy with the roof and it’s design and I would choose the same roof again.

Just to clarify - I have an SCA194. I have an issue regarding the product - specifically a fabric wear point - which will hopefully be resolved.
However I do think that design wise it's the best roof out there, especially with regard to the bed comfort.

Thanks for the reply everyone, much appreciated.

My gut is telling me sca. I'm going to see one that has been installed on a LWB in be morning. This should hopefully provide some valuable information

So, in case anyone is interested, I choose to stick with the SCA. Having seen a few in action, including one installed by our converter, I just couldn't see any advantage that the reimo would offer us.

Jamie.

Just had a Reimo Easy Fit fitted by New Wave Customs, they use to fit SCA but were impressed with the Reimo easy fit and moved to fitting these instead. Maybe give them a call and see what they say and their reasons for changing.

Just had a Reimo Easy Fit fitted by New Wave Customs, they use to fit SCA but were impressed with the Reimo easy fit and moved to fitting these instead. Maybe give them a call and see what they say and their reasons for changing.

Funny you should say that, my converter mentioned them when he gave me the choice and said that the fit them. I'm told they are much easier to fit, especially on a LWB.

Last edited:
We have a Reimo Easyfit on our LWB T6 and very happy with it. As far as I can see the frame is one solid piece not bolted in sections. Used it for 2 years and 19,000 camping miles. Been in some pretty windy conditions too with it up! Ours always looks a lot more taught than many other brands I have seen. No problems with flapping in the wind that some other campers have complained about with their various roofs.

I think Reimo have changed the 'canvas' materials on latest units to something a bit more plastic looking so can't comment on the performance of these.

The new Reimo canvas is much thicker than of old. It's more like Goretex, we've had ours just over a year & it's been bullet proof so far.

We have a LWB and a rear pop up SCA.
2 + years in and very happy.
Works well in warm and cold!!

I have also a similar decision to make - I had it down to Reimo vs SCA... but now also looking at Jerba. Looking forward to Busfest to make my decision.
The Jerba Pop Top Roof for VW Transporter T5 & T6 - Jerba Campervans
Seems to have "borrowed" ideas off of the others, e.g. twist locks look very similar to the ones that SCA use. One thing I don't like is the slatted bed base (which comes at extra cost) - probably fully functional and comfortable but I don't like the unfinished beamed ceiling effect it seems to leave you with??

We went for the deluxe bed, Its quite a premium over the stand base. Having tried it the wife wanted and what the wife wants the wife gets.

Sooooo, after speaking to numerous converters at busfest I have now decided to go for Reimo. This is the final decision, honest!

That's what happened to me last year, I had just bought my Kombi, I went to Busfest and climbed in and inspected all the roofs.
By the end of it I went for the Reimo, but each to there own. It was down to quality of build, ease of securing. I was not that concerned that it was a bit bulbous compared to some other slimline makes.

Had it a year now and I'm still pleased with it .

Agree with the above. Just come back from busfest. Reimo is my choice and the deluxe bed is fantastic (if I can justify the extra!)

Back