SCA roof - Solar roof bar kits/advice/guidance, please

Vinci

Residential Surveyor
T6 Guru
I have a T6 lwb with SCA roof, with tracks in the roof channels, into which my Thule roof rack sits.

Any one please know of any kits to sit in-clamp to said rails, onto which you can mount hard solar panels, permitting an air gap beneath, all whilst allowing surf/windsurfing boards to be carried on top, bridging over the panels?
Many thanks.

Hi
I have a 100 W semi flexible panel in a kit form, to fit standard van roof prep rails. I think it was the first non Cali one that Roger Donoghue built up, and I provided him with measurements. I had this on my T5 for 3 years and moved it onto my T6 2 years ago. Been absolutely spot on. Things are probably more efficient, smaller, better etc now, but well worth a chat with him if you are after a ‘kit’ so to speak. One man band, but very keen to help me back then. I liked the no glueing or roof drilling thing. Keeps the aux battery topped up nicely and I fitted the non smart voltronic standby charger which allows a simple 0.7 amp charge to starter battery when a difference in voltage between the two batteries is sensed. Easy DIY fit. Solar Camper Solutions - Home

Last edited:
Hi @Vinci, I’m currently looking into a way to fit a solar panel to the vw rail system, just waiting for some of the parts to arrive. Should have something to show in around a week. The panel I intend to use will be semi flexible but the idea should be usable for a rigid panel also. The rails on the SCA roof appear very similar to the VW roof ones so the system should work for both.

Last edited:
Back