Sargent ac50 control unit

dubLU

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello. I've lost power to my control panel, Sargent ac50. I had presumed the on/off switch was a simple spst switch that just fed the lights and pump switch and battery monitor switch. but all literature talks about this switch using an external relay to control the on/off function. I can;t find any details of what sort of relay and how it would be wired and where placed. Why would it it not be just a simple switch?
If I have caused a short would it just blow the fuse inline with the battery or will the relay be a candidate as well? God knows where it is.

Hello. I have accessed the underseat electrics and a multi blade fuse holder coming off the battery contains a 15amp feeding my fridge, working, two others there but not sure where they go to but again both are working.
The only other thing (apart from a mega fuse off the ctek ds250 which is working) that I think is a fuse is a slim black plastic inline unit like a Eaton Bussman Inline fuse. Does anyone know how these are undone so I can test the fuse in there?
Still no sign of the god damn relay which the ac50 needs.

Pins 5 7 and 8 all appear to be 12 volt supplies. All I can suggest is to trace each one back as far as you can. Is your van a diy conversion or from a builder. If it’s a converter someone else on here may have a manual or wiring diagram to assist. Alternatively have you got any pictures of the wiring?

hi, thanks for the input. My harness is smaller than the one in the diagram and there is no power on any connection.. The only explanation is I have fried the relay as all fuses are good. It is a pro conversion but they have located the relay that supplies the power somewhere I can't find, so I;m having a rewire without the ac50.

I have the Ac50 & there is no external relay. The manual refers to a relay when used with a Sargent “SG” product, whatever that is. The AC50 is a pretty basic dumb 12V distribution panel. There’ll be a fused supply coming off the leisure battery that supplies the AC50, the unit then feeds lights & water pump. You need to identify the incoming supply cable & work back towards the leisure battery.

I have the Ac50 & there is no external relay. The manual refers to a relay when used with a Sargent “SG” product, whatever that is. The AC50 is a pretty basic dumb 12V distribution panel. There’ll be a fused supply coming off the leisure battery that supplies the AC50, the unit then feeds lights & water pump. You need to identify the incoming supply cable & work back towards the leisure battery.
There are three fuses coming of the leisure battery, 15amp direct to my fridge, the other two are both working. There is no power on either of the cables attached to the ac50 on/off. If there is no relay then there must be a fuse hidden away or i am missing it. I will go over it again tomorrow, suppose I can check continuity from the two fuses to the ac50. 1 must feed it, the other one fed a lot of addons the previous owner installed which I have removed

FFS, given the newly obtained knowledge that there wasn't a secretly stashed away relay somewhere, I went back to the fuse board under the drivers seat. All fuses still tested for continuity. Decided to actually take them out of the holder and inspect them (I was 100% sure this was fruitless) and to my surprise 1 actually looked weird although not "obviously" blown. Still tested out of the holder for continuity, put it back into the fuse holder, there was14v on the supply side and 0.3v on the output side FFS.
Hopefully I'll be able to forget the many hours spent looking for the fantasy relay.
On the bright side, I feel like I know my camper wiring layout now, how it works and is set up, and I've got over many things I didn't fancy doing like taking seats out, leisure battery disconnecting etc.

Thanks all, my van is 100% working.

FFS, given the newly obtained knowledge that there wasn't a secretly stashed away relay somewhere, I went back to the fuse board under the drivers seat. All fuses still tested for continuity. Decided to actually take them out of the holder and inspect them (I was 100% sure this was fruitless) and to my surprise 1 actually looked weird although not "obviously" blown. Still tested out of the holder for continuity, put it back into the fuse holder, there was14v on the supply side and 0.3v on the output side FFS.
Hopefully I'll be able to forget the many hours spent looking for the fantasy relay.
On the bright side, I feel like I know my camper wiring layout now, how it works and is set up, and I've got over many things I didn't fancy doing like taking seats out, leisure battery disconnecting etc.

Thanks all, my van is 100% working.
Buy yourself a cheap Dymo label printer, they come up every now & then in Aldi’s Isle of Dreams. Whenever you identify a cable/fuse/switch. Label it for future reference. Use the white plain paper label tape. The plastic ones don’t stay on.

Thanks, I had started to label things but my white paper on a reel wouldn't stick, gave up. Label printer on order. Cheers.

Back