Sales question- 2019 T6 conversion

Giantprawn60

Hi there, we bought last Monday a 2019 T6 conversion from a caravan company near Holmes Chapel. The van had 30k mileage on it but the conversion was new. 2 days later,the fuel gauge stops working and the EML is on! Straight to the caravan company whose garage supervisor was pretty annoyed that we brought it in without calling.(not my fault if he only has 1 mechanic apparently,which is ridiculous for such a big company). But in a nut shell, he assured that the fuel gauge was spot on as it had been fixed, and that they couldn't really do anything about the EML but to check with VW. Now I'm pretty p*#@ off at that company ,as I just spent £45k on a van that has issues and they don't really own up to it. Shouldn't they be selling vehicles that are in running conditions? Can I just ask for a full refund?
So annoyed as I really like that VW

Is it still in warranty with VW (3 years), and what warranty did the conversion company give you ?

Pete

These issues might not be related to the conversion, but could VW be difficult, saying it's been modified?

It could be suggested that work under the van has interfered with the fuel tank wiring. Also odd EML's are often down to electrical problems. It only takes a sensor to get an odd voltage input to cause a 'fault'. Maybe it's stored a code during the electrical work and it just needs clearing.

Don’t you have 14 days or something by law to return it and get a full refund.

I'm not going to repeat everything it says here but I suggest you google 'MSE Consumer Rights'.

So I ended up calling VW Assist and they were there within 1hr 1/2. Plugged the laptop to OBD,ran it and said it was the DPF that needed a regen(static). 45 mins later ,the regen is complete and it went from 47g soot to 4.6g. The mechanic is happy and clears the lights off and leaves. I jump in and drive on country roads for about 30 miles...the EML is now back on.....

The van is still in warranty. Call VW assist again (who will have a log of the first callout) and get them to take another look. Ask them what the fault codes are and post them here if you need to understand what they relate to. It's likely VW assist will haul you to a dealer for further analysis and hopefully a proper warranty repair this time.

Back