Safety Recall T6.1 vans Driver's door Bowden cable.

Loz

Admin
VIP Member
safety recall (57H5) and this applies to all T6.1 vans. An issue with driver's door Bowden cable at low temperatures.

1594291360126.png

Mine was in for a warranty job, last week. They mentioned it, then didn’t have the parts!!!!

Production dates July 2019 - 25 Feb 2020 so T6 and T6.1.
I’m booked in for something else and the garage didn’t mention anything to me although mine was built March 2020.

Assume it’s the Bowden cables In the doors that freeze and then break. Saw an article a couple of months back saying that VW were starting to recall over 200,000 vans for that

Probably Bowden cables, think they have been moving through colder counties first

Denied there was an issue to start with. Hopefully the dodgy header unit will be next, that's still a denial!

My T6.1 had some sort of door recall carried out last week. No idea what they did, was more interested in the Nav Firmware and map update.

Yes, door cables.
Mine is in next week for free oil change and door handle replacements

I’ve been in and out regarding the issue of “oil level too high” I contacted VW customer service and demanded a free oil change and engine check.
VW Liverpool called me and offered me a free oil change,

Mine had the door cables done under warranty recently - reading this thread adds more clarity as to what those were.
Annoyingly I had two other things for them to look at and they prioritised the recall over the work I asked them to do so they ended up keeping my van overnight.

I was told by someone who works for VW to get in touch with my dealer re my 2021 T6.1 and check whether mine’s affected - it is. He advised me to do so before a big frost when the cables can break and lock you out.

I’ve also got to get the ‘SOS emergency call restricted. Workshop!“ fault sorted too. Earliest I could get my appointment for is 6th Jan so fingers crossed it lasts til then.

Last edited:
I've booked a waiting appointment for the 4th, driving to the Alps on the 8th so would be a nightmare getting stuck out there!

I've booked a waiting appointment for the 4th, driving to the Alps on the 8th so would be a nightmare getting stuck out there!
Mine’s booked in for 6th Jan - earliest I could get. It’s to fix both faults though so fingers crossed it last til then. Happy travels in the Alps!

I just phoned my vw dealership and they have confirmed mine needs the Bowden cables replaced and an update on the engine management.
I thought the dealership was supposed to contact me ?

I just phoned my vw dealership and they have confirmed mine needs the Bowden cables replaced and an update on the engine management.
I thought the dealership was supposed to contact me

I thought the dealership was supposed to contact me ?
I think they have only just started in the UK as dealing with colder climate countries first, I spotted it by chance on the MOT check site. They have around 200,000 vans to recall

Back