rust on inside of sliding door

PJfamilyguy

T6 Pro
I have a 17Reg T6 and kept noticing rust particles on the step as you open the sliding door. I confirmed it was not from the sill or step. I had suggestion it could be rusty swarf from the conversion, but today after closer inspection (on my back on the drive) I peeled the rubber seal around the door and found rust appearing to bubble behind the seal. I've taken it to VW Newbury bodyshop who looked at it favourably and have taken details and pictures and will be sent for a yes or no.

Hard to take a picture upside down of the inside of the door, but thats the best i could do.

I have a 17Reg T6 and kept noticing rust particles on the step as you open the sliding door. I confirmed it was not from the sill or step. I had suggestion it could be rusty swarf from the conversion, but today after closer inspection (on my back on the drive) I peeled the rubber seal around the door and found rust appearing to bubble behind the seal. I've taken it to VW Newbury bodyshop who looked at it favourably and have taken details and pictures and will be sent for a yes or no.

Hard to take a picture upside down of the inside of the door, but thats the best i could do.

I have a 67 plate sportline and to date have had three separate issues with rust bubbles ,which have been dealt with,but there is obviously a serious issue here .I've just registered on this site after googling 'rust issues with VW T6' and seeing a number of reports all very similar .I wonder just how much VW already know of this I think more needs to be done to correlate these issues with a view to approaching VW for answers and remedies or compensation

Back