Russian Help Wanted

CX16

T6 Pro
Hi folks
If hope you have been following the threads of our build on our T6 in preparation to taking it to Mongolia to follow the Mongol Rally. We have run into a problem regarding VISAs for Russia. It would appear that we need a person or company in Russia that we are apparently going to visit hence the need for the visa. If anyone has a contact or knows someone who would be able to help we would be grateful.

Hi folks
If hope you have been following the threads of our build on our T6 in preparation to taking it to Mongolia to follow the Mongol Rally. We have run into a problem regarding VISAs for Russia. It would appear that we need a person or company in Russia that we are apparently going to visit hence the need for the visa. If anyone has a contact or knows someone who would be able to help we would be grateful.
A specialized agency providing such Visa invitations+services in the UK ---> Travel Visas and UK Passports for Business Travel and Tourism | Fast, Easy, Secure

Im getting a chaperone as i pass through Russia
Friends of mine work here they go home twice a year Im planning to take them home so i got round the visa thing like that, wont help you though sorry !

As @mmi said above is best for you
But it still me a night mare !
Got to go give fingerprints and in some cases DNA !
Then they still may say NO,
I had 4 applications turned down

Hi Romany
Thanks for that, we are using an agency (The Visa Machine) as they were recommended by the people who run the Mongol Rally, but they still need someone in Russia to put on the ‘Letter of Introduction ‘ so we need a name and address and someone willing to say we’re visiting for ‘Humanitarian’ reason.i.e. A rally to raise money for charity. Perhaps they don’t get the idea of charity ! ! ! Vans coming on well, going for the faux rally look. . .

2D95E266-18D2-4949-8D9D-2D686ECBA843.jpeg

Sorry if I’m being a bit slow here, but just to clarify; if I want to visit Russia as a tourist, I have to have someone on “the inside” to vouch for me?? How does that work if I want to visit Moscow/st Petersburg/ etc for a holiday?

Were going on a cruise next week visiting St. Petersburg, if we hadn’t booked one of the cruise outings they said it is a pain in the ass to get a visa otherwise.

Hi Salty Spuds
You are correct about a standard visa (30 days) although still a bit of hassle to obtain. As we need to be in Russia for much longer than that we need a different type of visa (Humanitarian 90 days) this is why we need someone to invite us with a “Letter of invitation”, not as easy as it sounds.

Were going on a cruise next week visiting St. Petersburg, if we hadn’t booked one of the cruise outings they said it is a pain in the ass to get a visa otherwise.
Ahh, so as long as you’re on an organised tour, it’s simple(ish), but as an independent traveler things are more awkward.

Back