Running Bars For Lwb - Costs To Purchase & Fit

Whiz

Meet BANKSY - There is always "Hope"
T6 Guru
The Company who are part fitting out my campervan have said they could fit new new chrome "running bars" for me for £250.00. This is the total cost & includes the purchase of the running bars.

Sounds reasonable to me - but as a non-mechanic and a new member I thought I would ask via this forum?

Any advice comments would be great - thanks in advance.

Bluey!

£150 will buy you a set of LWB Chrome "side bars" & take about 30 minutes to fit.

They just bolt straight on & are one of the easiest mods to make to a van.

At Trade Price that's gotta be a cool £120 Profit for your fitter & all for half an hours work!

The Company who are part fitting out my campervan have said they could fit new new chrome "running bars" for me for £250.00. This is the total cost & includes the purchase of the running bars.

Sounds reasonable to me - but as a non-mechanic and a new member I thought I would ask via this forum?

Any advice comments would be great - thanks in advance.

Bluey!

Is this for bars or boards? (Steps),,

Many thanks foe the tip.

Can you/anyone tell me if it is a prethreaded hole where the bolt fits in to? How many bolts and any recommendations where to buy?

I looked on flea bay and you seem to be able to get the side/running bars from the £120 mark to £500+.

I am not confident I could fit them on my own without a decent jack etc?

Thoughts pleaase.
Paul
Is this for bars or boards? (Steps),,
Hi, it is for chrome running bars. They look like a chrome tube. Definitely not a board or step. Hope this clarifies?

I fitted the genuine trapezoid bars without lifting the vehicle. Mine utilised existing holes in the chassis rails so no drilling required, the most awkward bit was removing and trimming the plastic undertray but no real bother (except it was -1 when I did it)

I fitted the genuine trapezoid bars without lifting the vehicle. Mine utilised existing holes in the chassis rails so no drilling required, the most awkward bit was removing and trimming the plastic undertray but no real bother (except it was -1 when I did it)
Ok. Thanks for the extra info. I am going to hold off getting the Fitters to do it and make a decision when the I have it back so I can have a proper look underneath to understand the fitting places. Thanks again for the tips. Paul

£150 will buy you a set of LWB Chrome "side bars" & take about 30 minutes to fit.

They just bolt straight on & are one of the easiest mods to make to a van.

At Trade Price that's gotta be a cool £120 Profit for your fitter & all for half an hours work!

Thanks for the above - are holes threaded etc or do I need to cut away anything?

Sorry will have a look underneath tomorrow. Also I have seen on Fleabay £130 to £150 with very good feedback - again any further advice on this would be great!

Cheers again, Bluey

Thanks for the above - are holes threaded etc or do I need to cut away anything?

Sorry will have a look underneath tomorrow. Also I have seen on Fleabay £130 to £150 with very good feedback - again any further advice on this would be great!

Cheers again, Bluey
From memory, there is a hole that the bolt goes through, then a backplate and a nut. It’s a fairly straightforward job especially if you don’t have to wire in any downlighters. As previously mentioned the biggest PITA is cutting the plastic undertray neatly.
I’d have a good look at it and certainly try to figure it out before shelling out cash to anyone. Advice is always available on here and for the sake of a couple of hours work you can do it yourself.

From memory, there is a hole that the bolt goes through, then a backplate and a nut. It’s a fairly straightforward job especially if you don’t have to wire in any downlighters. As previously mentioned the biggest PITA is cutting the plastic undertray neatly.
I’d have a good look at it and certainly try to figure it out before shelling out cash to anyone. Advice is always available on here and for the sake of a couple of hours work you can do it yourself.
Thank you so much for such a comprehensive reply .... makes perfect sense what you say and your advice is much appreciated. A BIG thank you buddy. Paul.

Thank you so much for such a comprehensive reply .... makes perfect sense what you say and your advice is much appreciated. A BIG thank you buddy. Paul.
No worries. I’ve very much been in the boat you’re in and the likes of @Pauly and @slidepods helped me out no end with stuff. It’s the best thing about this forum. There is no pretentiousness about answering questions. Good luck with the fitting if you go for it yourself.. don’t forget to post some pics
Cheers
Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Back