Round LED Interior Ceiling Lights

Craigsom

VCDS User
T6 Guru
I am wanting to fit some led downlighters in the roof, I am going to make some new roof panels, insulate behind, move the original roof lights so they are symmetrical and fit 6 downlighters to run independently to the original lights ,

can anyone recommend some good led downlighters please ??

I used some extra shallow surface fittings in mine so i didnt have to cut holes in panels (fitted mine in tailgate) and really impressed with them, only 6mm thick so dont poke out much at all
I bought one master fitting with a touch switch built in and a normal one that connects to it so they come on and off together or you can just use an external switch to operate them without a master light
Cool white and nice and bright at 3 watt

I used some extra shallow surface fittings in mine so i didnt have to cut holes in panels (fitted mine in tailgate) and really impressed with them, only 6mm thick so dont poke out much at all
I bought one master fitting with a touch switch built in and a normal one that connects to it so they come on and off together or you can just use an external switch to operate them without a master light
Cool white and nice and bright at 3 watt

they look just the job, where did they come from ??

you've got me thinking about putting as couple in the tail gate now :) where did you wire them from ??

While doing my 2nd battery setup I ran a power feed into tailgate while adding my rear camera and used it for both

Out of all the bits i have done to my van the two little lights in the tailgate are the handiest, tailgate up in the dark sat of the rear plenty of times
Bringing the kids back from beach and de-sanding, returning with muddy dog or muddy bikes under tailgate for a rinse etc etc

Its a bit of a faff getting the cables into the tailgate but with a bit of effort and a couple of hours poking around its doable

The screen shot above is the new shop just havent turned in on yet as applying the finishing touches,

While doing my 2nd battery setup I ran a power feed into tailgate while adding my rear camera and used it for both

Out of all the bits i have done to my van the two little lights in the tailgate are the handiest, tailgate up in the dark sat of the rear plenty of times
Bringing the kids back from beach and de-sanding, returning with muddy dog or muddy bikes under tailgate for a rinse etc etc

Its a bit of a faff getting the cables into the tailgate but with a bit of effort and a couple of hours poking around its doable

The screen shot above is the new shop just havent turned in on yet as applying the finishing touches,

so, are you going to be doing a kit of six lights in total, 1 with a on/off switch, 5 without by any chance ??

Yes in screen shot above top row is with a master touch switch light and bottom row is standard lights for use with an external switch
So top right is 1 + 5 = £41.99 plus postage

Yes in screen shot above top row is with a master touch switch light and bottom row is standard lights for use with an external switch
So top right is 1 + 5 = £41.99 plus postage

ah I see now, bargain :)

Hi all,

What have you put in your van?
Are you happy with them?

Any pictures would be good.

Thanks for any replies.

I have 4 zones.
Zone 1 - front cab
Zone 2 - 3 x pass seats
Zone 3 - door/kitchen sink areas
Zone 4 - rear load area.
All dimmable, all front LED's are controlled individually and all zones have front override buttons(incase strapped in kids need a light on.

Photo of rear lights on.
20190115_151224.jpg

Where did you get all this bits from? Im in the process of working out my interior lighting.

Thanks for that. Looking forward to seeing you and van at Bala.

I was hoping to fit round LEDs like these that would work as the courtesy lights and with a switch, but I now believe this is difficult as they will be on very low all the time.

Thanks for that. Looking forward to seeing you and van at Bala.

I was hoping to fit round LEDs like these that would work as the courtesy lights and with a switch, but I now believe this is difficult as they will be on very low all the time.
Its a ball ache to get it right.. took me ages to get the positions right.. as the HiLo bedboard rises up I still needed the light to work in right zone.. pointless idea otherwise.. thankfully it worked out.

Back