Room for crossovers in a T6.1 door?

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just wondering if anyone has fitted crossovers into a T6.1 door card? Hardly any flat surfaces to mount on (not to mention the sound deadening), so I cant see where there is room?

4C9F5EC9-F82E-41D1-A857-E18416581AED_1_105_c.jpeg

Any pics?
No pics sorry forgot!
The audio frog replacement speakers I got Skipton car audio came with replacement door and a-pillar tweeters and each speaker came with a crossover. They were small enough to fit adjacent the door speakers and the tweeter ones fitted behind the a-pillar trims.
I would say the sound improvements were good but later on I added a sub under the passenger seat and a 5 channel amp (only 3 used) from @Absolut5 complete with wiring loom, now the sound is amazing.

No pics sorry forgot!
The audio frog replacement speakers I got Skipton car audio came with replacement door and a-pillar tweeters and each speaker came with a crossover. They were small enough to fit adjacent the door speakers and the tweeter ones fitted behind the a-pillar trims.
I would say the sound improvements were good but later on I added a sub under the passenger seat and a 5 channel amp (only 3 used) from @Absolut5 complete with wiring loom, now the sound is amazing.
I've been looking further, I can't get my crossovers to fit anywhere in the door cards. I will have to investigate if there is any space behind the dash or in the A-pillars.

In my last two cars I've just run the mid speaker wires only to the door and left the crossovers under the dash behind the glovebox or when the crossovers have adjustable roll off or attenuation settings actually in the glove box to allow for tweaking without too much messing about, failing that go fully active and dump the passive crossovers altogether.

In my last two cars I've just run the mid speaker wires only to the door and left the crossovers under the dash behind the glovebox or when the crossovers have adjustable roll off or attenuation settings actually in the glove box to allow for tweaking without too much messing about, failing that go fully active and dump the passive crossovers altogether.
I might have a look if there is room behind the glove box. If I can work out how it comes off. Running active would be a last resort, but it’s looking like it may happen.

Pop the green cable holder out , move it over and twist the straight like the pic, or as mentioned run them active if possible

thanks. Will have another look when I get some time. Much appreciated.

I run my other car semi active with the mids in the doors from their own 2 channel amp and the 3" mids and tweeters up on the dash from another 2 channel amp but with a passive crossover to separate those two speakers on either side, the head unit is three way active but I've had to save one way for the sub hence the passives still on the highs.
This is an old school set up using a Pioneer hu from at least ten yr ago so cheap and cheerful apart from all the amps, saying that the most amount of tweaking and the best soundstage I've ever managed in a car cabin.

Looked again and just realised that the tweeter is by the mid in the door and not up on the A pillars, sorry about that but you could still run the speaker wires to the door but would need 4 wires each door, getting bulkier then.

Thread resurrection.

Would you say there is any room at all in the door cards for extra insulation? I have already got sound deadening material ( fitted by SCR ) but fancy getting some more insulation of some sort in there to help suppress external sound.

Thread resurrection.

Would you say there is any room at all in the door cards for extra insulation? I have already got sound deadening material ( fitted by SCR ) but fancy getting some more insulation of some sort in there to help suppress external sound.
I put some in stick to the inside of the door skin and when the windows wound down it started to rub. I also put some on the inside of the door card. This mad it very difficult to get the door card back on andI had to pull some off in quite a few places.

Back