Roof spoiler loose

Andy_l

Looking for some advise,
Washed van today and fount that the near side corner of rear tailgate spoiler seems to have come detached and slightly lifting.
Are these spoilers bolted or is it just glued on?? And what would you say the best way to re attach.
Cheers

That’s funny, I had exactly this earlier in the week!

I can see a whole load of black adhesive under mine. I’ve added some double sided 3M tape for now so I don’t lose it but when the weather warms up a bit I’ll cut the spoiler off completely and stick it down properly.

Mine too. I pulled on the corner and the spoiler came off. The paint peeled off and stayed attached to the glue. Appears to be held on by a sticker and some kind of sikaflex. Hopefully when the weather warms up I can glue it back on. My guess is the spoiler wasn’t key’d properly and the paint had lifted thus it coming loose.

I believe that the spoilers at the top of the tailgate are screwed as well as bonded.

Looking for some advise,
Washed van today and fount that the near side corner of rear tailgate spoiler seems to have come detached and slightly lifting.
Are these spoilers bolted or is it just glued on?? And what would you say the best way to re attach.
Cheers
See
and
…rear spoiler removal and tailgate restoration... View attachment 58408 View attachment 58409

Washing the van yesterday and noticed one side of the spoiler is loose, I've removed it this morning, what a tedious job!
It took ages to remove the black adhesive with a plastic scraper and plenty of tar and glue remover, then compounding and polishing the top of the tailgate.
I think I'm not going to refit it, mine has no fixings, just the bonding stuff, and I quite like the look of it without - I can always change my mind at a later stage.

Back