Roof rails for pop top roof (HiLo)

Manu

VIP Member
Hi,
I have been wanting to put rails on my Hilo roof for ages. I got pretty much given a set of Thule roof bars and adaptors (Thule parts 7107 and 7009 + wing bars) coming from a California.
All I need I think is rails that would be compatible with that fitting Kit.
I think the one camper van sells is compatible, but they only sell the whole kit.
Does anyone know where I can find rails that will work for this? Ideally long ones (2 meters or so).
Thanks!

I had the OEM rails removed from my van and fitted to my HiLo

I saw that in another post
I had the OEM rails removed from my van and fitted to my HiLo
Thanks Deaky! I saw that in one of the posts. I am trying to get a flush rail rather than the OEM bars, as part of the year I will remove the bars and I regularly drive to a couple of car parks where I would not be able to get in with the bars.

I am trying to get a flush rail rather than the OEM bars, as part of the year I will remove the bars and I regularly drive to a couple of car parks where I would not be able to get in with the bars.
The HiLo Sport roof (that I have) doesn’t have the channel rebate that the factory roof has, so the roof-bar prep trim (where you can remove the cross-bars) is not an option, assuming that’s what you’re getting at?

The HiLo Sport roof (that I have) doesn’t have the channel rebate that the factory roof has, so the roof-bar prep trim (where you can remove the cross-bars) is not an option, assuming that’s what you’re getting at?
I have the HiLo sport also. I know there is no rebate, and as a result, the rails will stick out. They are however just few millimetres thick, so when you get the cross bars off the van height is barely changed, as in the image below which is from campervanparts.uk. I like a lot their kit, and I will probably get it from them. The thing is that I already have the Thule bars and installation kit from a california, which I think are compatible. I am trying to see if they will sell me the rail as they only offer it as part of the kit. Otherwise I may have to but the whole kit and sell what I already have...

. 1662537354607.png

I have the HiLo sport also. I know there is no rebate, and as a result, the rails will stick out. They are however just few millimetres thick, so when you get the cross bars off the van height is barely changed, as in the image below which is from campervanparts.uk. I like a lot their kit, and I will probably get it from them. The thing is that I already have the Thule bars and installation kit from a california, which I think are compatible. I am trying to see if they will sell me the rail as they only offer it as part of the kit. Otherwise I may have to but the whole kit and sell what I already have...
View attachment 171510
This sounds interesting.
Let us know how you get on.

Personally I would like to be able to remove the roof rails from mine, so if I could swap them out for this roof-bar prep trim, that would be great.

No… still after them. I think I will get the whole kit from campervanparts.uk. I need to figure out if I drill outside the hilo frame or through the actual frame.

No… still after them. I think I will get the whole kit from campervanparts.uk. I need to figure out if I drill outside the hilo frame or through the actual frame.
The bolts go through the roof skin and are through the centre of the roof lid box section frame that’s around the canvass

I have this campervanparts rack fitted to my roof, if you can fit rails outside the canvas,it would give a wider load space, just make sure where the rails are going to be fitted, and the holes drilled, there is enough clearance to fit the nuts and washes on the underside, so they lay dead flat, just double check the metal fixing plates for rear poptop hinges are clear from the new fixings

Back