Roof not working

Captpicar

Hi, I have a question about the roof on a 2019 Cali Ocean. It is not raising. The last time I tried it was February and it worked satisfactory. Sin

The van went in for the first year’s service last week and when I got it home I tried to raise the roof as I wanted to check the 12V sockets.

The display states “Note! Ignition On!

I’ve tried:
1. Initiation switched on
2. Engine running
3. Checked the error codes in the diagnostic menu - no errors
4. Disconneced the control panel and reconnected
5. Checked the fuse (just in case) under the passenger seat
6. The vehicle had run for 50 miles that day and the lira sure batteries are full (solar panels constantly charging also)
7. Hit head against a brick wall

None of the above has solved the problem. I have read that it could be sensors on on the roof, but I wouldn’t know where to go and look at these.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keith

Hi, the van is booked in to Looker in Glasgow to have this looked at. The earliest available slot is 22nd July and I will ‘probably’ be back at work not long afterwards (2 to 3 months abroad).

So am hoping that somebody here may have some knowledge / experience of the roof not working with that warning so I can use the van to its fullest over the next couple of weeks.

Do you hear the relay click when you press the button on open roof (with ignition on)?
if you do then it might be the pump fuse under the passenger seat.
if not it could be a control panel issue and you could try a Control panel reset.

Press the L hand bottom button twice. This switches OFF the panel. Wait 30 secs and switch on using same button. This restarts the Control Panel.

Holding the Bottom R Button and pressing the Knob for a few seconds puts you into the hidden menu. This includes a Diagnostic setting which shows if there are any Fault Codes. These can be Reset and cleared.

Thanks guys, I removed the control panel, waited 30 secs and put it back in earlier today and still the same. Would this be the same as

Whilst I was changing the fuses on the 12V sockets (previous owner had them blown) I checked the fuse for the roof and it looked fine.

The diagnostics menu has no errors

Might have to wait for the 2 was for VW to look at it :-(

Thanks guys, I removed the control panel, waited 30 secs and put it back in earlier today and still the same. Would this be the same as

Whilst I was changing the fuses on the 12V sockets (previous owner had them blown) I checked the fuse for the roof and it looked fine.

The diagnostics menu has no errors

Might have to wait for the 2 was for VW to look at it :-(
Reset means pushing and holding in buttons not taking the panel out for 30 seconds and putting it back in

Reset means pushing and holding in buttons not taking the panel out for 30 seconds and putting it back in
Did this this morning and still the same.

Got orders to return to work on the 20th July, so will have somebody else take it to VW for the repair / fault finding and when I get on or around the 1st October ready to head out for a decent trip

Thanks again for your helpful advice

Isn’t there a manual override in case of a powered failure?

Isn’t there a manual override in case of a powered failure?
Only for dropping the roof. It involves removing the CP and undoing a relief screw in the valve block that allows the hydraulic pressure to be released.

Back