Roof noise when window is open.

Wafu

T6 Pro
Hi, I’ve now been driving my T6 for a week or so and have discovered a panting noise from the roof when the drivers side window is open, it’s bloody annoying.
I have a Caravelle and so don’t expect the roof to be panting away like a panel van. My T5.1 Caravelle didn't do it and I don’t know why this one does, it’s almost like VW left out some foam from between the roof and the roof trim panel.

Anyone else had this?

Have you got the heko wind deflectors fitted...?

Just wondering if you haven't, they might help reduce the noise with the window down a bit...

Hi, I’ve now been driving my T6 for a week or so and have discovered a panting noise from the roof when the drivers side window is open, it’s bloody annoying.
I have a Caravelle and so don’t expect the roof to be panting away like a panel van. My T5.1 Caravelle didn't do it and I don’t know why this one does, it’s almost like VW left out some foam from between the roof and the roof trim panel.

Anyone else had this?
Hi..maybe you could get someone to sit behind you and push up on roof panels ...to see if it stops ..then you’d know what area to work on :)

Hi Jason and VDM,

I've fitted wind deflector, Heko ones with no difference

VDM, not a bad idea that, even if it sounds as potty as a potty thing

Hi Jason and VDM,

I've fitted wind deflector, Heko ones with no difference

VDM, not a bad idea that, even if it sounds as potty as a potty thing
Well....Always do the easy win’s first.....then if your not adding a pop top ( assuming you’ve not) you can soundproof/ insulate the void and make a better job than VW ;)

Ah, now this is embarrassing for me but might help someone in the future.

I‘ve discovered what the roof noise is, it’s my microphone above the drivers sun visor, giving feedback to the passenger compartment when the wind blows in the cabin. How embarrassing is that??? I only discovered it with my son in the van with me, a blustery day and the feedback was very noticeable.

Red faced but at least when I figured how to turn the blooming thing off, the noise from the roof stopped

Back