Roof Cross Bar recommendation

Dannyb6467

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Evening all,
I have oem roof rails on my SWB Kombi and want cross bars for it.
Does anyone have any part numbers for Thule or similar please?
Any photos would be appreciated too, I’ve seen on some vans in passing what looks to be like aero style, some are straight and flat, others look like they are curved and others square tube.
Cheers.
Dan.

image.jpg image.jpg I wanted aero bars for mine because I didn't like the look of the Thule wing bars

Thule have stopped making 1500mm Aero Bars but I found the exact same thing on eBay called Menabo Aero Bars

Really happy with them and they are happy with 2 kayaks on them

View attachment 20466 View attachment 20465 I wanted aero bars for mine because I didn't like the look of the Thule wing bars

Thule have stopped making 1500mm Aero Bars but I found the exact same thing on eBay called Menabo Aero Bars

Really happy with them and they are happy with 2 kayaks on them

Evening Richard,
I have looked at the Menabo bars online but cant see any that they say will fit the van...im sure they are not specifically for the Transporter but can you remember what you purchased??

Cheers.

Dan.

Hi guys
i have just purchased my first transporter and I want to buy some official version roof bars, but I am unsure what ones to buy and want some advice please
the vehicle I have is a 2019 petrol engined automatic gearbox Highline Kombi
it is a long wheelbase
can anyone please point me int he right direction to buy some black roof bars please
thanks
John

Hi guys
i have just purchased my first transporter and I want to buy some official version roof bars, but I am unsure what ones to buy and want some advice please
the vehicle I have is a 2019 petrol engined automatic gearbox Highline Kombi
it is a long wheelbase
can anyone please point me int he right direction to buy some black roof bars please
thanks
John
Bloody hell, when an undertaker needs roof bars you know the situation is bad!

The deck in the back slides out so I can use it for when I go camping as well and I have a roof box we always seem to need
You won’t be seeing any coffins on the roof yet

I seem to recall that the price from a VW dealer isn’t too bad.
Plenty of info on here too about fitting them properly so they don’t leak.

Pete

I got black ones from Vandemon

They are OMTEC brand which i believe is who make them for VW. would recommend fitting them as per this thread:

Good luck!

I also picked them as they state the capacity is 75kg, some only have 30kg as they are more of a styling product, one to watch

I’m also looking for roof bars so following up the advice here, for a T5 though, unfortunately Vandemon are out of stock right now.
Anyone have any experience of these?

Thats great, thank you, they seemed the only ones I could find that mentioned 75kg, which is what I was after.

Vanstyle to the OEMTEC ones too i think, you could call them and ask

I think the ones listed on the vanstyle site are 40kg and also out of stock when I looked, as you say be worth a phone around.

Back