Roof Box For Sale. Or Actually....maybe Not.

Dieseldonkey

150 DSG Shuttle Conversion
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Had this roof box for my previous donkey. As much as I like roof bars, they're not viable for the Panadonkia, so considered flogging the box. Especially as you'd need to tow a cherry picker to reach the soddin thing.

However.....

Plans are being drawn up for an continental alpine family road trip. Somewhere like, Winterfell but more picturesque. Hopefully devoid of dragons. Inspired by other members on here and their you tube clips of Switzerland, got me thinking. I don't want snowboards and manky wet kit in my chariot. Oh no, no, no. That simply wont do.

Just so happens that aforementioned roof box is exactly the same length as my T6 is wide. (Fat Knacker, that it is). And my very expensive bike rack, with its ridiculously long name, needs to do more to justify the volume it occupies in my man stable.

Ta da.
20190515_153127.jpg

20190515_165406.jpg
20190515_165210.jpg
20190515_165100.jpg

It's just short enough, with the rock n roll bed being on rails, for it all to temporarily fit inside the van. So limiting the prospect of getting rogered by the ferry man, in the event it makes me over length. May need to invest in one of those red and white diagonal striped thingy's, to keep the French Plod off my 6 though.

Good idea bud, I've used a Thule one on my T5, just got to get it out of hibernation for the T6 now.

156467?w=637&h=403.jpg

Back