Roof bars

Lee

T6 Pro
Hi All,

I'm considering getting some roof bars for my van, I have a pop top so that needs to be taken into account (I think). The roof bars will essentially hold the largest roof box I can get.

I've been recommended the below (see image) though I can't seem to find out what brand it is. Can anyone let me know or let me know of any recommendations. I essentially want to try and find a balance between style and practicality, which the below seems to provide, at least from a styling point of view.

Cheers

rgcoqbwl.png

Vw or vanstyle possibly. Few threads on the forum on this subject, if you use the search bar it will wipe out a few hours of your day, and hopefully answer your question.

Mine are identical to those and are VW fitted by the dealer at a cost of £125.00 from memory.:thumbsup:

Hi All,

I'm considering getting some roof bars for my van, I have a pop top so that needs to be taken into account (I think). The roof bars will essentially hold the largest roof box I can get.

I've been recommended the below (see image) though I can't seem to find out what brand it is. Can anyone let me know or let me know of any recommendations. I essentially want to try and find a balance between style and practicality, which the below seems to provide, at least from a styling point of view.

Cheers

View attachment 17000

They look similar to the ones I bought from XtremeVan

Hi All,

Cheers

View attachment 17000
Lee,

Im 99% sure they ar VW ones as iv just had the same fitted by a VW dealer....£125.00. They are strong too. Be carefull with some of the after market ones....they wont carry much weight as they are just to style the truck.

I think the VW ones are made by Omtec. I bought Omtec part no 7522930B from Ebay. There are matching roof bars/rails too.

Pete

Superfly,

Im told by VW that the VW ones are 80kg. I cant see why, other than VW not supplying the range of bars why anyone would not chose VW dealers for these. Fitted by them, under guarentee and £125.00

Superfly,

Im told by VW that the VW ones are 80kg. I cant see why, other than VW not supplying the range of bars why anyone would not chose VW dealers for these. Fitted by them, under guarentee and £125.00
My thoughts entirely for the price, Just don't let them fit them !!

Its saying they are 50kg load rated, arnt the vw rails 80kg ?

The Omtec website says 75kg, which is what the leaflet that came with my rails said.

VW T6 Transporter 2015- Alu Roof Bars 2 Pcs. Black TÜV / ABE - Omtek Otomotiv

I must admit that i got confused by all the different variations of what looked like the same thing when i was looking.

Having fitted my own, I would now go with the suggestion that you get VW to supply and fit, if that is convenient for you.

Pete

The Omtec website says 75kg, which is what the leaflet that came with my rails said.

VW T6 Transporter 2015- Alu Roof Bars 2 Pcs. Black TÜV / ABE - Omtek Otomotiv

I must admit that i got confused by all the different variations of what looked like the same thing when i was looking.

Having fitted my own, I would now go with the suggestion that you get VW to supply and fit, if that is convenient for you.

Pete
Im just going off the previous ebay link, judging on previous threads I would definitely fit my own also.

I was told (I couldn't confirm either way) that the VW bars don't fit well on the SCA roof that we wanted. We ended up with Thule rails/bars which are good, but f-ugly. Worth checking that they definitely fit the roof you have.

When ordering mine I phoned vantech to make sure theirs were load rated and they assured me they were 75kg because I was having trouble locating brushed aluminium finish in load rated bars.

They turned up yesterday and they really look as if they are up to the job and they are OMTEC :p but there is no way I would let anyone else fit them after reading through the related threads on here:thumbsup:

Hi All,

Cheers

View attachment 17000
I think your pop top, together with the weight it can support, is going to be the limiting factor rather than the weight rating of the the rails and bars you choose, i.e. I suspect the weight of the rails, bars and box, without filling the box too full, may be beyond what the gas struts on the roof can support (similar scenario to the standard tailgate struts not being able to support the weight of an empty bike rack). No doubt you could get uprated gas struts but that would make it harder to lower the roof if/when the roof box is empty.

When ordering mine I phoned vantech to make sure theirs were load rated and they assured me they were 75kg because I was having trouble locating brushed aluminium finish in load rated bars.

They turned up yesterday and they really look as if they are up to the job and they are OMTEC :p but there is no way I would let anyone else fit them after reading through the related threads on here:thumbsup:
Photos when fitted please :thumbsup:

These are identical to the VW ones I picked up at the VW commercial Dealership in Aberdeen. They Cost me £96 including VAT, easy to install and hold 75kg.

I added a small dollop of silicon sealant to the screw threads when inserting the bolts. They are in my opinion the best to go for.

Photos when fitted please :thumbsup:

I'll see if I can get Oli to take one when it goes in for Bilsteins and H&Rs Monday :thumbsup:

I could take a photo but I wouldn't have a clue how to get it from my phone to here :rofl:

I have just fitted them this morning,took me just over an hour and I am really pleased with the look and quality and they will match the thule bars too when I get them:thumbsup:

I'll see if I can get Oli to take one when it goes in for Bilsteins and H&Rs Monday :thumbsup:

I could take a photo but I wouldn't have a clue how to get it from my phone to here :rofl:

I have just fitted them this morning,took me just over an hour and I am really pleased with the look and quality and they will match the thule bars too when I get them:thumbsup:
great no problem if you cant, just had a chance to check out the web site, always nice to see what people think though.

Back