Roof bars

Bit of a crap pic but mine are from van style I got a set of roof rails and 4 cross bars can get better pics tmz if you want

@Jamie2.0 Don't overlook that Vanstyle state these are more of a styling bar :cool: with a "recommended" limit of 40kg :(. If that weight limit fits your needs then it's a good buy in brushed silver or black :thumbsup::D.

I'm also looking at Roofbars at the moment. I've been recommended the Thule aero, but they're a bit "builders van" and pretty high-profile too. I'm carrying kayaks, so need to be good for 50/60kg plus additional force when driving, but don't really want it to look like a couple of lumps of plastic and a plank.

Those vanstyle bars on the rails look the part, but aren't going to give me the load capacity. Anyone have other recommendations?

I've got the VW ones. Black, good price, and able to actually carry a bit of load, whereas there's a lot out there that are purely for show.

I was just looking at the genuine VW crossbars @Scruffy . Is there a recommended max load on those? No mention on the VW accessories page. If I can avoid adding more height and keep it looking sharp that definitely seems like a win

I can't remember offhand exactly the figure, but I do remember they were way above the capacity of my Thule bars which carry 60kgs.

I phoned VW about their rails for the same reason as they don't say on the website. Was told 75kg limit. But I did then go for the vanstyle ones as half the price and I don't have any plans of carrying owt at the moment.

We've fitted loads of the Vanstyle ones - They are great quality, and compatible to the VW ones.

Back