Thule Wingbars

Are people leaving the bars on all the time?

I only need to use mine on Monday & Wednesday evenings and the occasional weekends when I have the kayaks on the roof. Are people leaving them on all the time or is there a quick way to get hem on & off that I'm missing?

I am getting adaptors made to allow for the different fixing point . This will lift the bars about 20 MM and should fold down as close to the roof as possible and not make to much noise . They aren't cheap to buy from ford but I ordered mine with the van . I think ford charge over £600 inc vat . I am sure vw could come up with some think similar.
Did you ever get these adaptors made? Did they work out ok? I get to drive a transit custom for work and the roof bars are the very best part of it!

Just bought the vanstyle roof rails......has anyone fitted these? Any nuggets of wisdom? I haven't offered them up the roof yet but I'm guessing that the rigid plastic feet are fitted with the flat side uppermost.......I could be wrong.......it wouldn't be the first time!!!!

I have the Thule Black Wing Bars on my T6 LWB Kombi. I also used the 753 foot pack and the 3149 fixing Kit.

I started with a pair, but today added a third bar so that I can give some support to less rigid long roof loads.

As a result (of them coming in pairs) I have a spare Black Wing Bar, Pair of Low 753 feet and a pair of 3149 fixing kit blocks. All brand new and in their boxes. If anyone's interested, let me know. (I'm near Southend in Essex)
Any pictures of bars mate ?

hi guys, new on here so apologies if this has been covered already. I need a roof rack system for my t6 swb Kombi. As it’s black I want a black set plus some that aren’t too big. Thule do the new wing bar evo which is both slimline and black. All the websites default to using the 751 foot kit along with the 3149 fixing kit. However they do a 753 foot kit which is about 30mm smaller. I’ve seen on here that the 753 has been successfully used on a t6 but with the older wing bar. Does anyone know if the new ‘evo’ version will fit the 753 foot? Many Thanks

I have contacted Thule direct but haven’t heard back yet

I keep the fold down roof bars I had with my trasit custom. I will need to make adaptors but it look like they should fit. It was a good idea from ford if the rest of the van had of been so well designed I would still have it . I will post photos when I get them on.
Hello Keeff, did you ever manage to fit the Ford folding roof rack to your VW?

Hi keeff,

Am new to the forum
Do you have the contact details of the company who fabricated the brackets to adapt the Ford roof bars?.

Apologies if this has been covered can’t find a link.

Best

fixie 555

I thought I'd better try them as we go away on Sunday. A bit of a sod to get on with one locking cover absolutely refusing to lock but got there in the end; definitely a faff but I'm also hampered by the awning in the way. But they look decent and are way lower profile than my old Thules.

View attachment 462

View attachment 463

View attachment 464

And yes, we are replacing that house window soon..!
Hi, I’m thinking of exactly the same bars…. Just wondering it looks like you have a c profile awning rail on the passenger side- is this the case and if so which one did you use and was there any problem fitting the bars on top of it? Thanks!

Hi, I’m thinking of exactly the same bars…. Just wondering it looks like you have a c profile awning rail on the passenger side- is this the case and if so which one did you use and was there any problem fitting the bars on top of it? Thanks!
Forget that… I looked in haste and realised they are attached to the top of your pop top so no dramas!!!

Back