Thule Wingbars

former member

Account closed
T6 Pro
Not exactly a mod but my Thule Wingbars arrived today; so much nicer than my old Thule bars for my T5.1; much lower profile (the old ones looked like they were on stilts) and easier to stick accessories like a bike carrier onto.

Unexciting but useful.

Assembled them but not stuck them on yet.

I heard an alarm going off and thought WTF then saw Polzey in the modifying section and it all made sense - welcome to the darkside my friend.

ps post a pic when you get them fitted be interested to see what they look like

Not exactly a mod but my Thule Wingbars arrived today; so much nicer than my old Thule bars for my T5.1; much lower profile (the old ones looked like they were on stilts) and easier to stick accessories like a bike carrier onto.

Unexciting but useful.

Assembled them but not stuck them on yet.

You've let the side down!
And now you've made me come in here as well!!

Hello all, just signed up. Polzeylad I'm thinking about getting wingbars too. To fit into the t slots of roof rack prep. Is that how you are attaching them? I'm wondering how easy they are to remove i.e. will I end up leaving them on all the time to avoid fuss?

Did you get the normal feet (751) or the lower profile (753) model? Only about 3cm in it though apparently.

It's the 751 pack; I wasn't given the option of the 753!

The California has T tracks along the roof so they slot in those. I had them on my last Cali and I'd say they aren't that easy to fit so might stay up there.

I've got a set of the black bars for chucking the kayaks on the roof (its a long way up!)

Anyone else find them a tad nosey? I got these ones as they are supposed to be quieter!

Cheers Polzey. I wasn't given the option of 753 either so I'm curious if there is some reason they won't work. Doubt it though, they're not much different.

I've got a kombi with roof rack prep which I think is the same as what you have on the california.

I've got a set of the black bars for chucking the kayaks on the roof (its a long way up!)

Anyone else find them a tad nosey? I got these ones as they are supposed to be quieter!

I don't own any yet but have you put all the plastic and rubber stoppers in which are needed to reduce noise?

Thule have told me the lower profile 753 feet aren't just lower than the 751, they have different internals. So they may not work.

I have the 753 feet on my T6 Kombi with the black wingbars and load stops. You have to use the 3149 fix point fixing kit.

They look great and work fine.

I have the standard VW roof bars on mine that also fitted my Sportline T5.1 so they have been recycled !

iphone 6+ 04-07-2016 458.JPG iphone 6+ 04-07-2016 465.JPG iphone 6+ 04-07-2016 469.JPG

iphone 6+ 04-07-2016 458.JPG

iphone 6+ 04-07-2016 465.JPG

iphone 6+ 04-07-2016 469.JPG

I have the Thule Black Wing Bars on my T6 LWB Kombi. I also used the 753 foot pack and the 3149 fixing Kit.

I started with a pair, but today added a third bar so that I can give some support to less rigid long roof loads.

As a result (of them coming in pairs) I have a spare Black Wing Bar, Pair of Low 753 feet and a pair of 3149 fixing kit blocks. All brand new and in their boxes. If anyone's interested, let me know. (I'm near Southend in Essex)

I have the Thule Black Wing Bars on my T6 LWB Kombi. I also used the 753 foot pack and the 3149 fixing Kit.

I started with a pair, but today added a third bar so that I can give some support to less rigid long roof loads.

As a result (of them coming in pairs) I have a spare Black Wing Bar, Pair of Low 753 feet and a pair of 3149 fixing kit blocks. All brand new and in their boxes. If anyone's interested, let me know. (I'm near Southend in Essex)

Im not too far away from Southend, if people want to make a pair!

I thought I'd better try them as we go away on Sunday. A bit of a sod to get on with one locking cover absolutely refusing to lock but got there in the end; definitely a faff but I'm also hampered by the awning in the way. But they look decent and are way lower profile than my old Thules.

image_zpsg16fgpfr.jpe

image_zpsxatwjhpy.jpe

image_zps9woj2czc.jpg

And yes, we are replacing that house window soon..!

I keep the fold down roof bars I had with my trasit custom. I will need to make adaptors but it look like they should fit. It was a good idea from ford if the rest of the van had of been so well designed I would still have it . I will post photos when I get them on.

Those ford ones are very good, the ones on the Mrs Citan are good too, the cross bars flip out from the rails.

Not sure if the ford ones will work on the T6 as it doesn't have the recess in the roof for them?

I am getting adaptors made to allow for the different fixing point . This will lift the bars about 20 MM and should fold down as close to the roof as possible and not make to much noise . They aren't cheap to buy from ford but I ordered mine with the van . I think ford charge over £600 inc vat . I am sure vw could come up with some think similar.

Back