Roller Blind Will Not Retract After Window Leak

Jimb

T6 Pro
Hi
Sorry to post another leaky window thread but
18 velle

My drivers side sliding window developed a leak last week in the windy and rainy weather. Greeted to a puddle in the footwell and a stream of water over the door card from the front end of the slider channel. Van parked slightly downhill and leaning to left. Unfortunately the water has had to cross where the roller blind retracts into the roller, and when the blind was lifted up it was sopping wet and sadly will not retract on its own. There’s some white deposit on the blind, ? Muck or corrosion of the roller.

I’ve tried gently rolling it back up using a blunt metal spatula and then pulling it out again a few times but it doesn’t want to free up and retract as it should.

Anyone else had this trouble with their blinds. I have read several threads re the leaky windows and have now cleaned out the drainage holes so hopefully no more water ingress but damage done I fear.

Can the roller be removed without taking off the door card? Don’t fancy doing that whilst it’s still under warranty.

Would welcome your advice

Cheers

The roller casing is screwed to the door card. The door card has to be removed to get the roller module out.

Thanks Deaky
That’s what I feared. I’m sure it would free up if I could get to it easily

I’ve booked it in with vw. Just hoping no further leaking occurs!

Hi

Just a quick update

Vw tested the window and found the leak. Needed whole new window unit and roller blind was also replaced. Done under warranty. Job looks good. No rain in the forecast for a while but we’ll wait and see.

The roller blind once it had thoroughly dried out during a trip to Cornwall did start to retract itself spontaneously.

Some info in another thread also about radio interference

Cheers

Back