Rock and roll bed with rear load space - need ideas

BigDean

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Afternoon all,

I have spend days looking at a lot of RnR beds and just need another perspective. I need to keep a decent load space behind a 3/4 rock and roll, at least 500mm depth and full height clear. Obviously I can go for one of the rail systems, but would rather not spend £5k!

The Scopema/RIB in any event is out due to its height and lack of headroom, so probably leaves the Reimo at £5.5k!

I found this: Flex 118 Rock and Roll Bed for VW T5 & T6 Campervan - Cambee which looks like the right mechanism as the rear part folds up to leave good clearance, but not happy with the look of the seat. Looks a bit, I dont know, plain?

Any ideas?

Thanks
BigDean

We have a flex and its very comfortable both as a seat and a bed. When we bought ours the choice of fabrics was massive and they can adapt the foam to suit

We have a flex and its very comfortable both as a seat and a bed. When we bought ours the choice of fabrics was massive and they can adapt the foam to suit

Thanks for that. Need to see one up close when allowed.

Did you make a decision yet? I have been searching and see that Rusty Lee beds can be positioned forward to extend backwards that might work for you.

Try this.....reverse opening r&r bed
It mounts further forward, like a row of kombi seats, and opens backwards

Did you make a decision yet? I have been searching and see that Rusty Lee beds can be positioned forward to extend backwards that might work for you.
Try this.....reverse opening r&r bed
It mounts further forward, like a row of kombi seats, and opens backwards

In the end decided to go for a Caravelle/California 7 seater system on rails. Can then make it whatever config we want.

Currently at Kernow being done so will post pics in the Candy White section when done.

Thanks.

Reactions: DXX
Afternoon all,

I have spend days looking at a lot of RnR beds and just need another perspective. I need to keep a decent load space behind a 3/4 rock and roll, at least 500mm depth and full height clear. Obviously I can go for one of the rail systems, but would rather not spend £5k!

The Scopema/RIB in any event is out due to its height and lack of headroom, so probably leaves the Reimo at £5.5k!

I found this: Flex 118 Tourer - from stock - Cambee which looks like the right mechanism as the rear part folds up to leave good clearance, but not happy with the look of the seat. Looks a bit, I dont know, plain?

Any ideas?

Thanks
BigDean
We’ve got the Cambee 118 Comfort and it’s absolutely fantastic. One of the best things about our van. Loads of space underneath and the back ledge comes out very easily. They come in different levels of topping. I wouldn’t say the comfort was very comfortable though as it’s a bit hard but it does lie completely flat.

You can have memory foam etc added in but we just bought a pure wool topper (£100) that makes it comfortable enough and lovely to sleep on

oops!Just read your last post and see your sorted now. I’ll go back to bed! :sleep:

Last edited:
Back