Road tax £240

Cham13

Just bought a T6 today, didn't realise the DVLA had increased the road tax to £240, robbing twats.
My previous T5 that I sold in Jan 17, was £140 what happened?

It's mad, you can run an old smoking diesel for the same price, purchase a newish quality diesel like the T6 and they still whack you.

From what I know, all light commercial vehicles including 1.6tdi have same tax bracket of £240 per year. Unlike cars LCVs are under different taxation scheme.

They seem to be punishing vans drivers due to the amount of vans on the road :(

My previous T5 that I sold in Jan 17, was £140 what happened?

Euro 4 vans (<3500kg) registered between 1st March 2003 and 31st December 2006 and Euro 5 vans registered between 1st January 2009 and 31st December 2010 get the reduced road tax so I'm presuming your T5 was registered in one of those two sets of dates.

Considering the emissions our vans give out (or even the ones that VW claims) we don't do badly. Unless you have a car registered after 1st April 2017, if you applied our emissions to a car, the road tax would be much more..........and the first year's road tax for cars registered after 1st April 2017 require a second mortgage!

My Eur05 T6 road tax is £240 which to me doesn't seem too bad, but my 2018 Euro6 Caddy costs the same, which does feel expensive for a small van. Of course the upside is being able to claim back the VAT on the vans.

Out of interest , if the van is registered as a motor home does this change the tax bracket?

Yes I’d like to to know the answer to this as well. I have a 2016 highline that was converted last year to a camper. The body type of the V5 was successfully changed to “motor caravan”.

The road tax demand has come through for £250 but I thought this would be lower after conversion?

Cheers

On the V5 the body type is changed to motor caravan but the taxation class doesn’t change and is still stated as light goods vehicle on mine I.e £240 tax

20AC68E9-74AD-44B1-B525-9693F16CA848.jpeg

Mines just come through at £250, so how come some are £10 lower? Confused!!

Mine was £250 for 12 months. Vans was a PV now registered as a motor caravan on V5.

I was hoping it was going to be a tad cheaper if the van was going to be re classified to a motorhome as I'm just filling in the form and taking the pics as we speak and send it off to DVLA.

Bit baffled here, my renewal was £190 in Jan this year. What's going on there then?

I've just looked on the government website on rates and it says any vehicle with a list price (before any discounts) of more than £40,000 has to pay an extra £310 per year on top of the normal rate for that vehicle, is this correct?

I've just looked on the government website on rates and it says any vehicle with a list price (before any discounts) of more than £40,000 has to pay an extra £310 per year on top of the normal rate for that vehicle, is this correct?
Yes, came in last year

Not sure but it sounds like you have a spare £60 to spend on a few extra mods :thumbsup:
Hmm, the other day I worked out how much I'd saved by ditching Sky 6 years ago (it was huge!) then wondered where it was.

Back