RIP Blackberry

MotoPL

T6 Pro
Confirming what i read elsewhere on the forum, having spent ages last weekend choosing a colour and placing my order.
i have just been informed by my dealer that blackberry has been discontinued and the system will no longer accept orders for it :(

Have to go choose another colour.

Boooooooo!

Why not show your disgust by cancelling the order and choosing a different van? Have VW added a new colour to make up for dropping BB?

That's a huge shame! I think it looks great and may well have been the colour I went for if it wasn't for reading that it needs more upkeep and I'm just not the sort of person to spend more time cleaning than driving it so I went for grey.

Starlight seems a nice alternative - similar appearance to Blackberry, but in the blue direction rather than red.
...if that makes any sense at all (I know what I mean!)

It is the principle of what VW are up to. Anyone looking at buying a new Polo has a choice of ONE colour unless they want to pay more for a 'special solid' or a metallic finish. Blackberry will no doubt appear as Oryx Blackberry at £1k.
When laying out 30k+ on a vehicle, you would like to have a decent choice of colours. The whole point of buying new is to get a vehicle that satisfies all your wants. Otherwise you would buy a used one. Upgrade to Highline and you get a choice of two colours....why? Because VW want to mug you off . They would charge for solid white if they thought they could get away with it on a van. They charge extra for white paint on a Polo GTi - but only since white became a popular colour.

And yes, I did indeed not order a car because they no longer offered tbe colour I wanted. Colour is important to me. More important to me is not being taken for a mug. If they offered a Highline in Bright Orange, I would be placing an oder tomorrow.

Unfortunately there are more colours in the universe than can be accommodated by VW etc.. True Bb is a VERY nice colour, but I find the vehicle has more points to it than that sole one... I buy a vehicle cause I like it and it suites my purposes.. If I rejected the choice due to my specific colour choice being unavailable.. I would be losing out, as the vehicle has won over the competition on more points than that...

It's what's known as shooting yourself in the foot, or cutting your nose off......

Thing is, it's not only VW. Doesn't matter who you go to, they're all at it.

Few years ago, I bought a top of the range Ford Mondeo Titanium X - choice of colours was black, 2 or 3 shades of grey/silver, white and 1 shade of blue or white if I remember correctly - and that was a 30k car.
My current other vehicle is a Kia Sportage (last of the old shape) - that was available in 4 colours, black, grey or 2 shades of white.

End of the day, so long as the colour is pleasing enough, vehicle shape looks ok, then the important bit for me is the spec.

Each to their own

Think how many robots are required to paint all these colours.. One colour per robot or pair of.. As you would otherwise need to clean out the pickup and feed lines and nozzles each time.. You cannot please everyone all the time.... Then the floor space required etc etc etc...

My BM had one "free" colour and four cost options. And three interior colours (now down to two); that was it!
So count yerselves lucky!

Back