Rings And Tattoos

Lord Mfwic

I'm Batman.
T6 Legend
So we are planning our first ever trip round Europe this summer.

Starting in France we plan to travel to the Champagne region and stay a couple of nights then head off to Switzerland, Mont Blonc and then head to the Nurburgring.
Although nothing confirmed at this stage, these are the places we plan on stopping at

Champagne Ardeddne
Burgundy
Geneva
Mont Blonc Tunnel
Bern
Nurburgring
Brugges

It will just be the 2 of us so we don’t need camp sites that are kid friendly, in fact, I would prefer adult only sites, if such a thing exists.
Any tips on good camp site gratefully received.

Now this is the bit I really could do with help.

I’m planning on taking the Van for a drive round the Nurburgring. I’ve read that its an open toll road every evening. Has any one here driven the track?
Will I need a separate insurance policy to cover me or as its open as a public road will my normal insurance suffice?

Now the bizarre part.

I’m planning on hiring a tattoo artist to tattoo the track on my left shoulder as I’m driving round the track, so yes, he or she will be sat in the car as I’m driving the Nurburgring doing a tattoo of the Nurburgring. I realise this will be messy and could end up looking like a child has scribbled with a pen on my shoulder but it will be easy to hide under a t shirt and will be a different type of reminder of our first ever Europe trip.

Long shot but does anyone know a tattoo artist close to Nurburg?

Hoping you are currently a bit drunk Gary lol

Update: Jo says “you tw@t Gary” - if serious, get Pippa to do it with a biro and if you like it get it inked later!!

Last edited:
Hoping you are currently a bit drunk Gary lol

Update: Jo says “you tw@t Gary” - if serious, get Pippa to do it with a biro and if you like it get it inked later!!
Nursing a hangover as went to a party in Leicester last night and got a bit Tiddly so I'm sober as a judge.
Thats a brilliant idea to get Pippa to draw it then get it inked the next day. One problem, Pippa has point blank refused to sit in the Van whilst I'm racing round the Nurburgring.:(

I'm totally with @Timpo on this, in fact Mrs WheelieBealie is a tattooist and when I told her about this, she just laughed her head off and thought it was incredibly stupid and naïve certainly not 'insane'! It's not even how straight the lines are or aren't but the chances of it being half decent in terms of getting the ink in correctly and all that... If anything, go with the pen idea and get it traced by a reputable tattooist in a studio near the Nurburgring.

I'm totally with @Timpo on this, in fact Mrs WheelieBealie is a tattooist and when I told her about this, she just laughed her head off and thought it was incredibly stupid and naïve certainly not 'insane'! It's not even how straight the lines are or aren't but the chances of it being half decent in terms of getting the ink in correctly and all that... If anything, go with the pen idea and get it traced by a reputable tattooist in a studio near the Nurburgring.
Thank you, I will take your and Mrs WheelieBealies comments on board.:thumbsup:

Take a look at BridgetoGantry.com it is run by Dale Lomas the'ring' pro driver who did the record times in the T5. He lives there and i am sure will be able help you out with locals or techniques. He featured recently in the Guy Martin transhit program. :thumbsup:

Do like a good tattoo does your misses have a website/portfolio I could have a mooch through?
Sorry @Lord Mfwic for taking this off topic :)

@Lord Mfwic you're off your head.
Except for the driving to champagne bit... I've been looking at sites and it seems that picking a good Aire would be the way to go... But they're low on services, usually just a toilet and a chem disposal by the looks of it.

Other than that, you're off your gourde.

Back