Rings And Tattoos

Discussion in 'Camping & Campsites' started by Lord Mfwic, 13 Jan 2019 at 19:04.

1. Lord Mfwic

Lord Mfwic Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    So we are planning our first ever trip round Europe this summer.

Starting in France we plan to travel to the Champagne region and stay a couple of nights then head off to Switzerland, Mont Blonc and then head to the Nurburgring.
    Although nothing confirmed at this stage, these are the places we plan on stopping at

Champagne Ardeddne
    Burgundy
    Geneva
    Mont Blonc Tunnel
    Bern
    Nurburgring
    Brugges

It will just be the 2 of us so we don’t need camp sites that are kid friendly, in fact, I would prefer adult only sites, if such a thing exists.
    Any tips on good camp site gratefully received.

Now this is the bit I really could do with help.

I’m planning on taking the Van for a drive round the Nurburgring. I’ve read that its an open toll road every evening. Has any one here driven the track?
    Will I need a separate insurance policy to cover me or as its open as a public road will my normal insurance suffice?

Now the bizarre part.

I’m planning on hiring a tattoo artist to tattoo the track on my left shoulder as I’m driving round the track, so yes, he or she will be sat in the car as I’m driving the Nurburgring doing a tattoo of the Nurburgring. I realise this will be messy and could end up looking like a child has scribbled with a pen on my shoulder but it will be easy to hide under a t shirt and will be a different type of reminder of our first ever Europe trip.

Long shot but does anyone know a tattoo artist close to Nurburg?

DaveBos and Davenjo like this.
  2. Davenjo

Davenjo Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Hoping you are currently a bit drunk Gary lol

Update: Jo says “you tw@t Gary” - if serious, get Pippa to do it with a biro and if you like it get it inked later!!

Last edited: 13 Jan 2019 at 19:23
    Lord Mfwic and Peatey like this.
  3. DaveBos

DaveBos Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Lord Mfwic and Davenjo like this.
  4. Peatey

Peatey Treacle Miner VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    He's been at those firelighters again:rofl:

Davenjo and Lord Mfwic like this.
  5. Lord Mfwic

Map
    Nursing a hangover as went to a party in Leicester last night and got a bit Tiddly so I'm sober as a judge.
    Thats a brilliant idea to get Pippa to draw it then get it inked the next day. One problem, Pippa has point blank refused to sit in the Van whilst I'm racing round the Nurburgring.:(

Davenjo likes this.
  6. Lord Mfwic

Map
    I think it's a brilliant idea and a great talking point once done.
    I have every intention of making this happen.
    In answer to your question, yes, I'm close to certifiably insane.:)

7. Peatey

Peatey Treacle Miner VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    @Lord Mfwic check out the Topgear clip of the tattoo artist in a Skoda yeti filmed at Nesscliff might change your mind

Lord Mfwic likes this.
  8. Lord Mfwic

Map
    LOL, sore head so sober.:(

Peatey likes this.
  9. Lord Mfwic

Map

That just makes me want it even more.:thumbsup:

10. Timpo

Timpo Member

Map
    The sort of tattooer that would agree to doing this is not the sort of tattooer you should let tattoo you.

Lord Mfwic, Simon Kay and Toad like this.
  11. WheelieBealie

WheelieBealie Professional pasty muncher VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    I'm totally with @Timpo on this, in fact Mrs WheelieBealie is a tattooist and when I told her about this, she just laughed her head off and thought it was incredibly stupid and naïve certainly not 'insane'! It's not even how straight the lines are or aren't but the chances of it being half decent in terms of getting the ink in correctly and all that... If anything, go with the pen idea and get it traced by a reputable tattooist in a studio near the Nurburgring.

Northern Monkey and Lord Mfwic like this.
  12. Lord Mfwic

Map
    Thank you, I will take your and Mrs WheelieBealies comments on board.:thumbsup:

13. Jon

Jon Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Take a look at BridgetoGantry.com it is run by Dale Lomas the'ring' pro driver who did the record times in the T5. He lives there and i am sure will be able help you out with locals or techniques. He featured recently in the Guy Martin transhit program. :thumbsup:

Lord Mfwic likes this.
  14. Northern Monkey

Northern Monkey Indium grey caravelle VIP Member T6 Legend

Do like a good tattoo does your misses have a website/portfolio I could have a mooch through?
    Sorry @Lord Mfwic for taking this off topic :)

Lord Mfwic likes this.