Ring DC/DC Set up

Jollyvan

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Has anyone else had problems setting up RingRSCDC30?
T6 highline 130 with 110ah AGM leisure battery. I have set the unit as per instructions Bulk 14.6, Float 13.6, Cut Off 12.2, Cut In 12.7. Everything works fine with the engine running it charges the leisure battery but as soon as I switch off the Error light comes on and I get E0 on the display. Ring say play about with the cut off & cut in but I can't get rid of the error code.

I have the same setup so will check mine tomorrow, Mine is ok.

This seems to be a recurring them with these. I have contacted Ring about it but only get the same answer. I will have to tackle them again on this.

Just checked mine and it is the same as yours, Error light EO comes on when it drops to the cut-off voltage,
when I looked in the manual - EO " PV/DC input voltage is too low or no PV/DC input"
Is it just an error because there is no charge going in?
Mine displays this then goes into sleep mode
as soon as I start the van or connect the solar panel all is good,

Well if yours is working OK even with the error message I think it might just be a quirk of the system. It does seem that mine performs OK. I would be interested to see if Travelvolts gets anywhere with Ring as I found them not interested in my issue. Thanks Nickdaw.

Right, just spoken again with Ring Tech and they have put their hands up and they are aware of this issue that is affecting a small batch of the RSCDC30. How small or large this batch may be they wouldn't say. Anyway, it isn't going to resolved in the next couple of weeks as they guy that is dealing with the software engineers is on his holiday. So, soldier on and watch this space.

Brilliant -well done. We might get somewhere in the fullness of time. I was beginning to doubt my installation. Thanks Travelvolts

I have to say that I am a little disappointed in the response from such a large company as Ring. Only one person who can deal with the issue and they couldn't even tell me the batch number that is affected so that I can check my remaining stock. Fortunately this is low and I will have to seriously consider whether I will continue to supply this product based on this poor performance.

I will watch with interest to see if you recommend the Ctek unit. Not much help to those of us who bought the Ring unit as it had good reports early when this problem was first aired. I would be interested to know how many use the Ring and if they are aware of a problem.

Mine does the same also. I thought it was an error because it isn't getting any voltage from the battery which makes sense. Interested in the findings.

I have received the first faulty unit back in the workshop and the batch code is AO23394. You might want to check your against this.20170809_085157.jpg

I would expect them to issue replacements but it may be a case of sending them back for a software update. I couldn't say for sure at this stage.

Back