Rigid solar panels on a SCA 194 pop top roof?

Follis

I originally installed a flexible 100W panel on the roof some years ago which lasted about 3 yrs before failing... upgraded the whole system with a german 160W flexible panel feeding into a CTEK DS250SE controller charging a Leisure AGM battery... all has worked fine from 2018 until now (2 weeks before we go on holiday!)
Having measured the 0.2V output from the panel, it appears it has failed...
I'm looking to fit around the same output rigid panel onto the roof and would prefer to mount it via a rail system thats bolted... my dad had the Sikaflex adhered corner mount system on his VW which was unintentionally lost going over the bridge into Wales which is why I don't fancy that option.
My question is have any of you used a nice roof bar / rail system on the pop top that works well with rigid panels?

@Follis

The following company offers a solution to attach to SCA rails.

SCA rails are available from here

I have no experience of either, but interested to see if there are other solutions out there.

There are also these Z clips, which you might be able to utilise:

May be able to attach them to the solar panel and then to a bit of aluminium angle, to go across the roof and bolt through onto the roof rail?

Last edited:
@Follis

The following company offers a solution to attach to SCA rails.

SCA rails are available from here

I have no experience of either, but interested to see if there are other solutions out there.

There are also these Z clips, which you might be able to utilise:

May be able to attach them to the solar panel and then to a bit of aluminium angle, to go across the roof and bolt through onto the roof rail?
Thanks for that info Ean... I'd seen the solar camper solutions setup but they don't use a rigid panel, not that it really matters only weight... but the principal is exactly what I'm looking for and the clips on Amazon look just the job too

Back