Rib/Kombi rear seats in new van

3crispies

Classic Vws
T6 Guru
Looking at fitting a altair Rib but want it as far forward as possible for bootspace, how far can we position it forward with the supplied bracket in between the chassis rails as does not look any further than the axle tube and will I have to remove fuel tank and get different fixing for this. Looking at this on a new T6.1 but presume it is the same as our current T6

Last edited:
Looking at other options as pretty sure Rib is a non starter due to position, has anyone "safely" fitted 2 front captain arm chairs in the kombi seating position ? we only need ocassional rear seating but for safety/insurance requirements want it fitted. Other option is 2 single outer seater kombi seats but fitted closer together but again these wouldnt be in Oem positions so above applies. Main thing we are struggling with is cost now on new options as when we did our current van everything seemed more readily and cost effective....

cheers
Rib do a sliding version for 20cm more bootspace
But need as much as possible, tbh I was thinking Rib for future resale as we are never going to sleep in van. 1+1+1 seats are a good option but as new van will be in brick fabric are rare as !! Rib more readily avaliable but not really practical so just putting some idea out there. 5 years ago when we first bought current T6 new both of our children were children now they are adults and dont want to be seen with us lol. Unless we are paying for a meal.

:mexican wave:

A1 campers, not far from you, have a massive stock of RIB's and fit. Maybe pop along and see what they could do or recommend. Really friendly guys

Looking at other options as pretty sure Rib is a non starter due to position, has anyone "safely" fitted 2 front captain arm chairs in the kombi seating position ? we only need ocassional rear seating but for safety/insurance requirements want it fitted. Other option is 2 single outer seater kombi seats but fitted closer together but again these wouldnt be in Oem positions so above applies. Main thing we are struggling with is cost now on new options as when we did our current van everything seemed more readily and cost effective....
Fit caravelle rails and sests

A1 campers, not far from you, have a massive stock of RIB's and fit. Maybe pop along and see what they could do or recommend. Really friendly guys
cheers again spoke to them about this the other day and now I have actual new van here will go in. But £2.5k to supply and fit just 1+1+1 seats seemed expensive to me. Pretty sure I paid £900 for seat and kit and same again for fitting and windows but that was before covid tax.

Back