Do Rib Beds come with seatbelts?

I imagine it’d depend on make. Just took delivery of a RIB seat with full isofix as well (in a cheeky part black leatherette and GTi tartan red pattern) :)

Thanks Donk, is fitting on top of that.

I would love to get a 3/4 rib but the price with fitting is well over £3k and that’s with standard material, so by the time I get it trimmed to what I’m after it’s a no chance.

Thanks Donk, is fitting on top of that.

I would love to get a 3/4 rib but the price with fitting is well over £3k and that’s with standard material, so by the time I get it trimmed to what I’m after it’s a no chance.

Nope. The fixing bracket to go underneath the van was about £90 but I'll be fitting it myself. Its a straightforward job.

Nope. The fixing bracket to go underneath the van was about £90 but I'll be fitting it myself. Its a straightforward job.
Hi
Im looking at buying an RIB bed in january , did you manage to do it without any ramps ( as i dont have any).
Im a mechanical engineer so im not worried about the fitting side, im just curious as to whether you can fit the securing bracket etc..whilst laid under the van ?

I’m just about to buy a Rib bed and fit it myself too, I have a question; Is the mounting distance from the front of the vehicle the same in a SWB as a LWB? Another way of phrasing the question; will rear seated passengers be further away from the front passengers in a LWB?

I’m just about to buy a Rib bed and fit it myself too, I have a question; Is the mounting distance from the front of the vehicle the same in a SWB as a LWB? Another way of phrasing the question; will rear seated passengers be further away from the front passengers in a LWB?

Pass. Not sure. Might be worth contacting someone like Kiravans or Banwy and check with them.....

Just fitted a 150 slider in my LWB T5.1 and the fitting is the same regardless. The only issue i had was getting the massive spare wheel back in the cage again due to the reinforcement under the van and having to tap the arch down to get the sliding part to clear the arch.

Just fitted a 150 slider in my LWB T5.1 and the fitting is the same regardless. The only issue i had was getting the massive spare wheel back in the cage again due to the reinforcement under the van and having to tap the arch down to get the sliding part to clear the arch.
Did you have your van on ramps or could manage underneath ok without ?

Did you have your van on ramps or could manage underneath ok without ?

I used caravan levelling ramps and laid on an old plastic boot liner as I fitted mine in the rain. Don’t do what I did and lift it into the van on your own, they are massively over engineered and very heavy. My arm is still killing me after I pulled a tendon. They are well worth the money but they do rattle a bit, particularly with the slider, just a pre warning. When I get a chance I will hopefully be able to find a fix.

....did you adjust where the spare wheel cradle pivots to make it easier to get it back?

....did you adjust where the spare wheel cradle pivots to make it easier to get it back?

it was already on the maximum as my spare is a 17” rim with a 235 tyre fitted. I had to be creative with some steel bar and made some hooks for the forward end which lowered the front end just enough To refit the spare wheel, had to drill one hole in the fixed part of the pivit. I got mine from Clearcut and used their fitting kit

Back