Do RIB Beds need a mattress?

Mickymiff

T6 Pro
im after buying a 112cm 2 seater rib bed but I've looked on a website and it looks like you actually lie on the back of the bed? Does the back have a soft matteress on it or will i need to buy a matteress for it ? Seems lot of money if i have to buy something to lie on aswell?

I find mine ok. Sometimes it can be a little firm but that's not a bad thing. I usually sleep on one duvet with another on top but that's to get toasty.
My suggestion is to go to a converter and try one of theirs. Or hire a van for a night. Beds are very personal.

im after buying a 112cm 2 seater rib bed but I've looked on a website and it looks like you actually lie on the back of the bed? Does the back have a soft matteress on it or will i need to buy a matteress for it ? Seems lot of money if i have to buy something to lie on aswell?
That’s the whole point, the type of seats where you actually sleep on the seat facings are always more uncomfortable as they’re too hard to sleep on. A decent rib bed of that type will have a softer sleeping surface on the back, then there no compromise

I find the RIB comfortable as it is, but as others have said, it’s a personal thing, and worth trying before splashing the cash.

It is on the firm side but we use Duvalays and the memory foam mattress in them makes it perfect for us.

Back