RFL issue

former member

Account closed
T6 Pro
We bought our T6 in May last year; factory order, paid for on collection.
We've just had a tax renewal form come through saying it expires on 31st of this months - surely that over a month too early?

Is there some weird tax rule I'm not aware of or have we been diddled out of a month or two's RFL?

Dealer getting back to me tomorrow...

Surely it should expire at the start of the month that the vehicle was registered in ?

I though the RFL run to the day now. Mine has 12 months from the day i collected as i paid for ?

I though the RFL run to the day now. Mine has 12 months from the day i collected as i paid for ?

I think it's still monthly. I bought mine mid month, it was taxed on the day I bought it - because we had to wait for the guy to get back from doing it - and it expires at the end of the month.

Seems it was registered in April. We bought it in May.
Call me fussy but that means we bought a month old van not a new one.

Double grrr...

Just checked mine and i collected on the 27th October and the RFL is due on the 1st November. So they must have paid the extra days RFL.

Last edited:
So your 1st MOT will be in April not May Your warranty starts from the day in is registered not the day your drive away from dealer. Are you talking a couple of days or the best part of 4 weeks.

My original paper work for RFL says 1 year and + 1 day as it was registered on 31st of a Month so if you buy part way through a month a dealer can pay for a years tax (full 12 month) and add the extra part days if part way through the month.

Just checked mine and i collected on the 27th September and the RFL is due on the 1st November. So they must have paid the extra days RFL.
@StudleyGlass ,I think you collected your van on the 27th October ,a couple of days before me ,I got mine on the 29th October .

So your 1st MOT will be in April not May Your warranty starts from the day in is registered not the day your drive away from dealer. Are you talking a couple of days or the best part of 4 weeks.
We bought ours on 6th May so that's 5 weeks after it appears to have been registered.

I'll give them a chance to explain tomorrow...

Just gone back through emails and this could be a case of me getting my dates mixed up...
I will just confirm 100% that I'm being a muppet...

Just checked mine and i collected on the 27th October and the RFL is due on the 1st November. So they must have paid the extra days RFL.
I think they do 12 months and a week ,must be a dealer thing

How on Earth have I managed to think we bought our van on the 6th May when it was actually April? At 41 I think I'm already going senile.
With such a severe case of early onset dementia, just make sure you get someone else to check that you've tied those knots nice and tight on your climbing rig before stepping off the cliff top; Mr Coastyguardlad.

Back