Revolution Movelite T2 Drive Away Awning - Question

smilie121

VCDS User
T6 Pro
I bought a Revolution Movelite T2 Drive Away Awning back in August 2020 and never got round to using it.

So today I put it up and see that there are gaps all around the bottom - as in, its not sealed like a tent - yeah I didn't do my homework properly :mad:

I am in 2 minds weather to sell it on or see if I can seal it somehow - thinking Velcro strapping ??? Anyone done any adaptations or ??????

Whilst its still useful for a living space, it would be great to have the kids camp out in it (not possible with the midges)

I bought a Revolution Movelite T2 Drive Away Awning back in August 2020 and never got round to using it.

So today I put it up and see that there are gaps all around the bottom - as in, its not sealed like a tent - yeah I didn't do my homework properly :mad:

I am in 2 minds weather to sell it on or see if I can seal it somehow - thinking Velcro strapping ??? Anyone done any adaptations or ??????

Whilst its still useful for a living space, it would be great to have the kids camp out in it (not possible with the midges)
HI .. Just looked at this..according to Revolution it has a sewn in ground sheet which is similar to some Vango awnings...But the gaps around the bottom ( if it’s on the main body ) are to allow water to drip away ...If the gaps are on the bit that joins the van that’s normal

4359FC58-E4D5-44B2-AFE9-1A36F931AA12.jpeg
on this version the main tent part is sealed ( sown in ground sheet ) and connecting part just anchors to the floor/ van ...
Try giving the manufacturer a call to see what they can do to help or explain:)

@VanDamMan

I should have taken pictures but yes all around the bottom. I may re inflate it today to see again. Maybe i was a bit impatient other day and saw the ad as awning not tent. Its just a few things not gone my way so that was the frame of mind i was in. I will report bacm

The movelight is up and have had a good look.

3 of the doors are zipped all the way around with nets and windows - effectively 3 layers. However the one door in question has a window and outer cover. The outer cover zips to the ground which overlaps the outside of the ground sheet. The window zip stops about 8-10 inches above the ground but has a flap to cover the ground sheet internally - assumedly for draught?

As you can see the inner sheet is held on by 3 x 50mm square Velcro patches. See pictures. Between these patches its easy to get your hand to the outside world, and for those horrible biting bar steward crocodile teethed midges to come in and make a buffet of me.

See these videos to see how bad it can be in Mid Argyll - Midge Video 1 and Midge Video 2 - and no there is no midgy repellent you can buy that really works - best use the natural ones like locals up here

20210419_123552.jpg

20210419_123801.jpg

Back