Revo remap.

My T6 204 DSG 4MotionTsi at the moment:

-Wagner evo2 IC
- Audi B8 A4 Flex fuel injector's. can support 374 hp on E85 or 30%more HP on gazoline
- AEM 340 E85 Low pressure Fuel pump
- Katmod ( gutted kat)
- 2.5" stainless exhaust
- Remap to 295hp and 460 nm waiting for the engineer to finish the implementation in MED17.1 of a continental ethanol sensor information that will switch Map automatically according to percentage of ethanol in tank like it is on OEM audi B8 A4 Flex fuel (engine code CFKA, CPMA and CPMB). to take full advantage of the 110 like RON knock resistance of E85
- OZ ultraleggera 19"
- KW V3 rebound and compression adjustable
- H&R sway bar
- ESP switch mode to delete ESP on mountain road. Specialy when snow on road. load of fun :) :)

Hopping to get number close to what APR get with stage 2 E85 B8. specialy the crazy torque curve.
https://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tsi_gen2_long_b85.html

you can click on different stage and fuel on top of the dyno chart.

USA 91 AKI is 95 Ron in europe
USA 93 AKI is 98 Ron in europe.
E85 is same in europe and USA it's 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline.

Last edited:
@BognorMotors Hi Oli. Was just reading this thread as I have a Euro 6 102ps T6 campervan conversion and was thinking about a remap. However, using your link to go to the Revo website just now, it states ‘software unavailable’ for this engine (“..does not meet our criteria for future software development”!). Is this right, or am I being stupid?! Andy

Hello Andy.

After months/years of development this is now available. I think the website needs to catch up. How old is your van?

Its in the final stages of testing - REVO are very thorough with there global testing and won’t release any software till its been extensively tested, and they are 110% satisfied. Watch this space

Evening Oli. Thanks for the update. That is really good to hear - I think the likely power gain is something like 70% for this engine isn’t it? (a lot more % wise than the 150 and 204 engine remaps, which concerns me a bit - we do intend to keep the van long-term) I am more interested in the increased torque and improved ‘drive-ability’ that it would hopefully bring. REVO’s thorough approach really does inspire confidence in their products though.
Would you recommend B14’s and H&R ARB’s on a full campervan conversion? I am thinking this could be the right time to also sort out the stance / ride height and handling, at the same time as the remap. Have you done this on any T6 full campervan conversions?

The gains will be about 70BHp, so you are correct. This is a heavily de-tuned engine and there is plenty of scope for increase. As a country our fuel is of very good quality, we dont see extreme highs or lows of temperature and the air is very good quality, so we have everything on our side for remapping. When it arrives, it will transform your van and you will be very impressed.

And 100% for the Bilstein and ARB’s, fitted loads to campers, really helps stabilise the top heavyness. This will be the best money you spend on the van

Only 9 days to wait till I get the Revo treatment. Can’t decide whether I am excited for getting it done, or reticent because it means spending money I don’t really have/ could be put to far better use.

I know what you mean @DaveyB, but from what everyone says who has had it done it really does seem make a big difference. I have to admit that I haven’t found the 102ps to be underpowered when driving our campervan, but I like the sound of the increased torque. Bit concerned about adding 70ps, but am confident that REVO will have properly tested the software and will limit the torque to protect the clutch and gearbox.
What size engine is in your van? And do you know anyone who has had the REVO remap done? You may be able to have a drive to see what it is like before getting yours done.

I know what you mean @DaveyB, but from what everyone says who has had it done it really does seem make a big difference. I have to admit that I haven’t found the 102ps to be underpowered when driving our campervan, but I like the sound of the increased torque. Bit concerned about adding 70ps, but am confident that REVO will have properly tested the software and will limit the torque to protect the clutch and gearbox.
What size engine is in your van? And do you know anyone who has had the REVO remap done? You may be able to have a drive to see what it is like before getting yours done.

How would you increase Torque without an increase in HP (PS)?
Horsepower is a function of Torque, therefore if you increase Torque then the HP will also increase.

Maybe didn’t phrase that very well. Just meant that I would be looking for better all round drive-ability through the gears from the remap.

Hi @Noddy996 , I have the 180 bi-tdi, so should get around 215ps after remap with whatever torque that releases.
Not at all worried about trying someone else’s vehicle first in all honesty simply because I have had numerous vehicles remapped in the past, so know what it is all about. I also have faith in Revo due to their knowledge of the VW brand and the extensive testing they do in developing their software. Plus their head office is only just up the road from me and know that if I have any worries or concerns i’ll just be able to pop back.

Only 9 days to wait till I get the Revo treatment. Can’t decide whether I am excited for getting it done, or reticent because it means spending money I don’t really have/ could be put to far better use.

I'm looking forward to hearing the results after the map on this one! @DaveyB

I've got the manual, 1st gear is pants, 2nd gear needs more torque in my opinion so I'm considering a remap around April time

I'm looking forward to hearing the results after the map on this one! @DaveyB

I've got the manual, 1st gear is pants, 2nd gear needs more torque in my opinion so I'm considering a remap around April time
Totally agree with your comment about 1st. I tend to use 3rd to get my torque, so it’ll be interesting to see how it gets delivered lower down the box ratio’s

Where does he say he's increasing torque but isn't increasing his BHP or PS? I'm reading it as he's only concerned about the 70Hp increase??

Think REVO just released their 1st images for the T6 102 bhp Euro6? I'm interested to hear any real world feedback on BHP + torque mapping through the 5 sp gearing before I commit my 17 reg...

I'll try and find that data then. I'm still very much a newby soaking up lots of info.

I too have the same spec EU6 102 and will be interested in the gains / risks these re-maps can bring. I'm not exactly in a hurry to convert my van and I would think there's a warranty issue if I go ahead with this too soon? I do find 3rd gear an absolute 'jack of all trades' though with the torque, engine braking and turning ability at lower speeds but the main issue for me was that I bought mine without appreciating enough about the drive train. Having come from previous cars with a 6 speed manual and then a 7 speed auto, I am conscious it runs out of gears really quickly. Don't get me wrong, I understand it's a delivery van and I don't exactly fly about but we went for a day out last weekend down the A1 (to Lincoln) and in 5th it seemed to be reaching the end of its comfort zone at 60mph - I may be asking too much :laugh:
Joking apart, I do find it underpowered on the hills and at present the van is virtually empty so the gains in power & torque will be my pre-requisites. It's a bit concerning to find out the 5 speed could be a bit vulnerable though.

Back