Big Brake Upgrade - Revo

Very nice, its always good to have a bit more bite on the brakes, can i ask, do those big calipers bolt straight on or are there any engineering mods to carry out? And does it require a bigger servo too?
No engineering mods required, all parts provided in the REVO kit.

The feel on the brake pedal is much more responsive. Upgrade for aesthetics, they are lighter and a great design for replacing pads, they do look far superior to the rusty lump that was originally there

I just received with the speed of light my BBK from @BognorMotors for my new T6.1 BULLI LWB 4Motion DSG. I'm already used to brake my cars with BBK (Brembo 4 and 6 pots).

Cars with serious upgraded/increased horsepower or a heavy weight Van like the T's imo need them while oem brakes are just fine if you drive 'normal', but when using the brakes due to a more sporty driving style a lot more than average better change to a BBK while they never let you down (had my share on the Nürgburgring Germany). Ok, the great looks are also a reason, there :whistle:.

So, for the thirst time using another brand. Forge and V-Maxx (soon having a BBK in a 6 pots with 365 mm. discs) were first in the race too but reading a lot on this magnificent Forum and listening to Olli, putting my trust in his experience and expertise, combined with a great price and the fact the brakes are in stock, made me go for it. @bar933 are you still happy with the REVO BBK ?

20200911_132430[1].jpg20200911_132406[1].jpg20200911_190743[1].jpg

I should imagine it is not the just overall maximum brake effort that is so important over all else. It will be brake sensitivity, repeated fade free braking cooling and so on. OEM brakes are for most manufacturers might be fine when brand spanking new but they often adopt poor materials and design so pistons start to stick and so on. OEM may also adopt cheap mving caliper designs instead of opposing piston perhaps The top brake manufacturers pay attention to detail on design and specify better materials. I should also imagine that fitting these sorts of things might be declarable to insurance companies.

Quick question for those that have done the Revo big brake upgrade (maybe Oli @BognorMotors will know for sure), did you remove the splash back? Revo instructions say to do so but it appears that the discs (380mm), caliper and new caliper bracket appears to fit with the splash back in situ so I’m wondering why Revo suggest removing it (unless this is a hang over from the T5 instructions?).

Cheers

You could do it a bit cheaper using refurbished 6 pots off an RS4 or similar?

Not much in it by the time you have sourced them, reversed them and then they have no warranty etc

Anyway, anyone fitted the revo set and left the splash guards on?

Quick question for those that have done the Revo big brake upgrade (maybe Oli @BognorMotors will know for sure), did you remove the splash back? Revo instructions say to do so but it appears that the discs (380mm), caliper and new caliper bracket appears to fit with the splash back in situ so I’m wondering why Revo suggest removing it (unless this is a hang over from the T5 instructions?).

Cheers

Sorry been off the radar.

Leave it in place.

They look amazing, what size wheels do you need to clear them?

18’s with a spacer work. Most 19’s and 20’s are fine. We have another brake option that fits behind a 17 now
I saw from your other thread but thanks for getting back to me. I've just recently got some new Devonports which I sprayed etc and I prefer the 380's as i want that extra stopping power with all my tools/gear in the rear. I'll perhaps consider a swap for Sportline wheels later on when I need new discs and pads. I'll be in touch when I upgrade.

I saw from your other thread but thanks for getting back to me. I've just recently got some new Devonports which I sprayed etc and I prefer the 380's as i want that extra stopping power with all my tools/gear in the rear. I'll perhaps consider a swap for Sportline wheels later on when I need new discs and pads. I'll be in touch when I upgrade.

There will be more pics of the 17" setup today for reference -Speak soon

Back